--> International House - Bangkok
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: When School Directors Lose The Plot

Guest Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unwell
    yeah, i have to wear a gimp suit and am chained under his desk. i have to provide 'executive relief' at any time and am paid in spanks.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

LDMA wrote: everyone else got paid.

And I bet everyone got their deposits back too, right?

Such bitterness and false assumptions about a school that really doesn't deserve it,

Are you a troll or something? You posted some horrible stuff about your school at the top of this thread. You are podge aren't you? You must be. Not many other possibilities. Maybe you have a split personality. I know a herbalist in Bangkok who can help you.

Yeah, I know. They are just short of perfection and they don't deserve any flak. It's just that the director has gone bonkers, as you point out above.

yet they should be the ones complaining about you since you did a runner halfway through semester and left kids without a teacher

Who would want to work at a place that extorts cash from students?
    Speaking of Likewise, when is he getting the money they owe him?

but they like myself really don't hold that much of a grudge.

Well that's good to hear. Kind and forgiving chap, you are... just a little soft and panicky under the flames - not the stoic lantern-jawed stiff-upper-lipped "bring 'em on" sort of forum Viking they told me about. But that can be fixed by more exposure to high-temperature conditions.

vCash
    Thanks

Keeping with topic.

Answering to a request for a portable CD player the boss replied: "You can play your CD in the computer room. Just take the kids there"

Two problems

a) our computers don't have speakers, only headphones
    b) the request came from a dance teacher

Beat that.

vCash
    Thanks

Look, no problem with making a mistake. But twice the same mistake ? :rock

And yes, I did a runner and am very hapy that I did.

The thing is L, I don't have to teach to live here so if I had enough of the politics at a school I leave. ENd of story.
    I don't have to kiss arse and don't have to put up with their foolish rules and methods.
    Can't say that from everybody now can't we?

Grudge, not holding a grudge, just seriously taking the piss out of you and them.

Honesty goes a long way L. Maybe ask your school.

Posted after 2 minutes 42 seconds:

By the way. You might wanna ask them when I'll get my money for the days worked in January then???

Podge, LDMA whoever you are you gotta get the facts straight before you act as the school's attorney.
    What's love got to do with it...........

vCash
    Thanks

You are joking me aren't you? Likewise got mistakenly paid three times after he left, anything he claims to have been owed should have been negotiated back (and I believe were) on the TWO occaisions that he was asked to return the money which to his credit he did. The school therefore owes him nothing now.

The deposits still have to be collected, they are neither collected or paid out by the accountant but via the dept. Having done a runner, I would imagine that LW is not entitled to his back...and no I'm not Podge but I know who is.

Whether or not your allegations are true or not, a contract is a contract and breaking it by doing a runner for whatever reason is unprofessional and immoral especially in the context of an educational establishment that has done nothing wrong and has shelled out some 4k baht in visa/WP costs onlyt for the teacher to disappear forever a week later.

So your Lordship, did you get paid? Or did they "rob you blind?"

You can PM me with your reply because anymore dragging this out on the forum and it's getting binned if you do. We don't allow this kind of public school slagging from anybody (read the front page), and if you want to take it to TEFLwatch then fine, but I'll be there to defend the place, and this robbing me blind argument holds very little water when I know from the horses mouth that the school has paid salaries and the deposit money ready to hand over. The school has fulfilled it's contract with you 100%. You can post whatever hearsay you want on there but it's only going to sound like the self-righteous indignation of someone outside of a culture. Polled half the students? 1500 of them?

When I hear about the goings on in some schools in LOS believe me this school is far from the worst in Thailand, and at least it treats it's employees pretty well.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    I don't know what school you guys are going one about so there really is no need to bin this thread.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

They don't owe me nothing. Hmm, I think that the head of your dept. mentioned otherwise.
    The are not organized enough to find out when I exactly quit and they do owe me from January.
    I've got the proof that I cancelled my WP on the 12th of January. I remember cancelling this the day after I quit. Meaning my last day was the 11th of January.

I paid them 85.500 baht back, exactly 3 months salary being, January, February and April. Also have proof of that. So no they haven't paid me one single day for January?
    Deposit, I never thought about getting that back since I was the one that quit, no worries there. Also I'd never had made a point about them not paying me a few thousand baht for January, but if you claim that they are so honest well proof it then?

vCash
    Thanks

By the way. You might wanna ask them when I'll get my money for the days worked in January then???
    So, you get overpaid three months in a row and you didn't negotiate the money they're supposed to owe you out of THAT? I really think if you didn't do it then, it's you that has not worked your advantage properly, and if I recall I advised you to do just that before you gave the money back.

Come in and have a word if you REALLY feel you are been done out of money, but bear in mind that as someone who walked out on us mid-semester for whatever spurious reasons you had, you are unlikely to be greeted with an open wallet.

Sure nobody is chained to any place, but walking out on a contract halfway through semester is never a good thing. Whatever Likewise, take the piss out of us...but careful you don't burn too many bridges...it's not a huge town.

vCash
    Thanks

You should be able to think it bit more critical when they make a mistake instead of taking it up for the "best" school around.

This is your first/second school you've ever worked in, you don't speak, read or write Thai, so I'm sure that you don't know half what goes on there. Especially in the administrative dept.

I never said that it's a bad place to work, just said that they're a bunch of conservative, disorganized old bags. And yes if you would understand Thai you'd know what's being said in the staffroom.

vCash
    Thanks

Let's talk about honesty then. Is it honest to make a contract for however long you did and then break it? Is contract breaking honest? An honest man would have given proper notice fullfilled his obligations and left at an appropriate juncture. I find this lecture on honesty a little ironic to be quite blunt.

vCash
    Thanks

Oh, coz someone quits that means that they don't have to pay him for his days worked?

L, I really don't need their money so they can stick it where you like to kiss them?

About this town, Hmm have I ever asked anyone for a job or something? I don't think so. Don't start something that you won't be able to finish man to man L.

We were not talking about me quitting, but about Lord Kelvin not getting paid.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    Haltest, I didn't know which school being discussed at first, but this or another thread made it clear to all who read it. I am surprised to still be reading about it here.

Likewise, if money was owed for work in January, why didn't you arrange to be paid for it from the money the school overpaid you? It seems that would have been the ideal time.

vCash
    Thanks

Well, when I brought it up I only saw confused faces. Since I'm not really htat hard omn cash I thought to let it be.
    But since our friend LDMA is praising the honesty and all of his school I thought it was time to mention it.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I'd have docked you everything personally mate

LoL confused faces is an every day ting here mate ain't it???

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

vCash
    Thanks

At that school they really beat it though .

BTW L about burning bridges. I have no intention of asking you or anybosy else for a job.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast