--> International House - Bangkok
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That School Watch

American Tourist Array DunceCap's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I missed another bone. I think I'm going to starve.
    Miles and miles to go before I sleep...

Senior Member Array kidneystone's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watdog
    the new folks ("rico") at the current incarnation tsw were handpicked by phil/ldma.
    I doubt that there is any love lost between phil and myself, although i doubt we are outright enemies either. But if phil/ldma did the handpicking of the mods then they were both taking some serious mind altering substances when they allowed me onto the team. Phil and I had some nasty spats on the old TSW and I did not make a secret of who i was when I applied for the post.

Methinks watdog you have found the wrong tree again to barking at.

Sorry Duncecap but I cannot state more, wish i could but...most of what I know was learned from things said online and over a few drinks with other mods & admins.

vCash
    Thanks

i received a pm from "rico" making (gloating about?) this very point very early in the phil related spawn of the current tsw. ask him if you doubt it. :smile:

vCash
    Thanks

I received a pm from Rico. It cleared up some of my questions. It did not go into the details. I would like to know more(perhaps another day).
    If this is an out of bounds topic to be discussed, it makes me even more the curious. i wish no one ill will. Just want to know really what the old watch was all about. How did it function different from the current one? What were the good/bad points? Was it interesting? Did it have multifunctionality?
    Phil....What was your dealings with the old watch? Were you a part of it or for ethical purposes, you had to stay separate?(and I am just curious here).

Maybe I am picking at scabs, that others feel should be left well enough alone. Okay, but tell me why?
    Sometimes people need to be chosen to do a job because they can turn on their bias filter, their higher purpose filter, ect... even these people have faults.
    How did schools affect the watch? How could they? What schools were these?
    Why are tefl agencies out of bounds? They should be the easiest to defend.
    sure i have questions...that's how i learn....isn't that how you learn?

vCash
    Thanks

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Phil....What was your dealings with the old watch? Were you a part of it or for ethical purposes, you had to stay separate?(and I am just curious here).
    My dealings with the old watch, the new watch, the future watch or any watch stay exactly the same. I am a contributor. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not interested in the work it takes to run such a difficult forum.
    I knew the boss of the old forum. I know the boss of the new one. If that's a crime - shoot me.

Watdog,
    start your own TEFL watchdog forum. There's nothing stopping you except laziness, time, and possibly a lack of traffic..
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

vCash
    Thanks

BP....I would like to thank you in advance for submitting such a wonder reply. If in the future I feel free to ask more digging questions, I will try to word them in such a way as to ease the burden laid upon your soul.

Okay....so you found some artful expression that works well, but, if you would indulge me, how do you "contribute"? ...just kidding

I was under the impression that you had to walk a fine line so that if heat came down on them, you could remain untouchable. Which is a good tactic.
    I am done with you for now, but give me your passport and don't leave town.

It is my nature to question, as I am of questionable nature.

vCash
    Thanks

Just want to know really what the old watch was all about. How did it function different from the current one? What were the good/bad points? Was it interesting? Did it have multifunctionality?
    It contained a lot of very silly threads is about all I can remember.

A typical thread would have some poorly written OP slagging off everybody they could think of at a particular school, by name and often with quotes like "Mr Angus is probably a child molester and the ex-boss apparently once caught him having a piss in the water heater".

This would be closely followed by a brief slanging match when people would pick on spelling and grammar.

If anybody dared to post anything contrary to the badly written OP they were in for a lambasting, not only from the poster concerned, but also the serial morons (watdog was one of these if my memory serves me well) that were attracted by the board and weren't prepared to allow anyone to have any positive contributions without ridiculing them!

Personally I think the new board is good. I think it remains credible in nearly all of the threads which is, IMO, about the only chance there is of it making a difference in the long term.
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    A typical thread would have some poorly written OP slagging off everybody they could think of at a particular school, by name and often with quotes like "Mr Angus is probably a child molester and the ex-boss apparently once caught him having a pee in the water heater".
    I think Mr Angus will not be happy with your telling about his unusual habits.

vCash
    Thanks

^^pity the board isnt around to confirm your subjective memory of things. "werent prepared to allow anyone to have any positive contributions without ridiculing them!"... overstated/inaccurate/unfair.

vCash
    Thanks

Just the way I remember it.

overstated/inaccurate/unfair
    What irony!!

vCash
    Thanks

thanks for the memories. and your role on the current tsw site? yes, irony.

vCash
    Thanks

and your role on the current tsw site?
    Not even a member

vCash
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123