International House - Bangkok
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In answer to TEFL Watch part 2

Manchesters Best Array mrsquirrel's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: In answer to TEFL Watch part 2

I don't really see what the point is in this. The only thing it's doing is drawing attention yet again to a clash of egos. From the looks of it the only people who knew anything about this was people at TEFL watch and BP.

I think you need to get out more BP. Get a hobby or something and stop wasting your time worrying about this, It's not going to bring down Ajarn.com, I'm sure LDMA can handle things over here.

Go on get your binoculars out. I'm sure I just saw a greater spotted mina bird of there.

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I can't believe that a mountain has been made out of such a molehill.
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

deleted by bluefalang

Senior Member Array kidneystone's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Phil
    I think Blue Farang means that we have a no name and shame policy on ajarn.com. Yes – that’s true. I think you can do a search for the last ‘ajarn forum vs TEFL watch’ thread and find out all the background information on the reasons why.

I'll tell you about Siam University because I have two very good friends who worked there. One is Peter and the other is Jim (sadly no longer with us)
    Ask Peter about this place and he'll tell you it's the most disorganized joke of a university you could ever work for. I know he had major problems getting his pay but I'm pretty sure he got it in the end.

Ask Jim what the place was like to work for (as I did several times when he was alive and we used to do the Bull's Head quizzes together) and he would say "It's OK. I keep my head down. I don't really mix or talk to anyone there and at the end of every month I take my money and say thank you very much"
    That's the kind of guy Jim was.

Put Pete's story on the front page and it'll sell newspapers. Put Jim's story on the front page and it won't. Isn't that the underlying problem with all this?
    It seems that the rules regarding the naming and shaming of schools are only enforced/abided by at the discretion of the moderators!

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

hey phil -- ***********888iim 503-2045856793=-,dkkktm==23-30569@#$%^&*()#$%^&*(). thanks

vCash
    Thanks

To be perfectly honest I cannot see the point of making this thread either Phil.

Our position is clear on naming schools, and I would again add that this policy is in common with the vast majority of teacher forums. If the users of TEFL Watch have a problem with it and post there as such, then it is up to the management to decide on whether they take action on such comments. As has been shown to be the case on this occaision, our sites olive branch seems to be holding up and the management of TEFL Watch have apparently put a hold on an Ajarn slagging.

I will do the same here for TEFL Watch by locking this thread. I agree...mountain out of molehill.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry Louis, I've opened the thread to make a final comment.

It seems that I did make a mountain out of a molehill with this thread and for that I apologise. Sometimes you say things in the heat of the moment and after a good night's sleep (well, a night's sleep anyway) and a Manchester United win, it all seems a bit trivial come the morning. Oh well, I'll put me hands up and admit this is one I probably got wrong. My apologies to all.

Perhaps Squirrel's right - I should get out more.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12