International House - Bangkok
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 358

Thread: Nazi Show In Thai School - WTF

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    What was the context and the spirit then mate?
    we don't know yet do we?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    ....they probably quite like wearing the 'wicked' clothes!
    "probably". that's the point. do you think anyone would ask questions if it happened in a british school? what's the difference. third world schools aren't required to follow suit?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    The civilised world which now commits as bad atrocities in many ways albeit under a different 'guise' than the Nazis did
    that's besides the point. brits started concentration camps - according to boers we interned and starved their kids to death belson-styley til they gave up. focus on what's relevant - the possible broader implications (like i said, what if the kids had dressed up as insurgents or marines?)

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    Fucked up world!
    sure.

  2. #32
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    34,774
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Rep Power
    6495

    Re: Wtf

    Mate why post in response to this:

    what's wrong with them dressing up as Nazis etc.?


    the context, the spirit in which it was done, what the nazis stood for, etc.
    If YOU don't actually know mate Will save time and effort in the long run you nutter!!!


    Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic



  3. #33
    Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wtf

    you are ignoring the fact that the swastika is a politically-charged symbol, etc. etc.

    is it ok for the kids to dress up as Jemaah Islamiyah because it looks good?
    -----
    is there even a black and white answer to such questions (which you seem to be saying)? i think not.
    Last edited by ajarn farang; 27th September 2007 at 15:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #34
    Baas Array Tommyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nr. 25
    Posts
    9,016
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts


    Rep Power
    4256

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by ajarn farang
    you are ignoring the fact that the swastika
    Are you sure this is the case with this celebration?

  5. #35
    Hangin' Around Array Cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    18,791
    vCash
    90000
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 164 Times in 137 Posts


    Rep Power
    23917

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by zehner
    update: my mate is getting his cash from herr somchai soon so doesn't want to be exposed. however, when he has left he will post the whole story with pics
    Quote Originally Posted by TEFLWatch
    As to our recently departed staff member's comments.... well, we had two recent departures....one was a likable fellow but he used the school just to get a 90 day visa (quitting promptly after receiving it..not nice.. especially when he didn't grade all of his midterm tests)....and the other was probably one of the most arrogant people I have ever met. I can understand why he has built up his defenses (I am sure the poor guy probably took a lot of **** growing up in America with that name), but he was just so rude and nasty (95% of the time) that all his former students cheered exuberantly when I told them he had quit (and no tears were shed in the staffrooms that I saw).
    Wonder which one is your mate?

    As for this 'celebration' well, what can you say? I'm just so glad I don't have to work in environments like this anymore.

  6. #36
    Baas Array Tommyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nr. 25
    Posts
    9,016
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts


    Rep Power
    4256

    Re: Wtf

    swasti religious Hindu symbol



    the students in Bangkok


  7. #37
    Hangin' Around Array Cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    18,791
    vCash
    90000
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 164 Times in 137 Posts


    Rep Power
    23917

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk
    swasti religious Hindu symbol

    C'mon tommy - surely you're not saying this is about a hindu symbol??



    http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...3Dec060158.jpg


    Incidentally, the full address of the photo above is

    i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/robitusson/2006_1223Dec060158.jpg

  8. #38
    Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wtf

    ok, so now another dimension to the story - hindu symbol or nazi insignia? we need to hear facts from those who were there.

    it's quite possibly an innocent, tongue-in-chique, educational foray into some form of satyr/art.

    one would hope.
    -----
    .... wtf is that pic about?
    Last edited by ajarn farang; 27th September 2007 at 16:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    24,476
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    655
    Thanked 157 Times in 133 Posts


    Rep Power
    26685

    Re: Wtf

    af, why don't you just ask the op of that thread on TEFLWatch?

  10. #40
    Hangin' Around Array Cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    18,791
    vCash
    90000
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 164 Times in 137 Posts


    Rep Power
    23917

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by ajarn farang
    ok, so now another dimension to the story - hindu symbol or nazi insignia? we need to hear facts from those who were there.

    it's quite possibly an innocent, tongue-in-chique, educational foray into some form of satyr/art.
    Satyr? I think that's a dimension only you've seen.

    http://www.mayhemltd.com/sacredsrce/...erne_small.jpg

  11. #41
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    34,774
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Rep Power
    6495

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by ajarn farang
    you are ignoring the fact that the swastika is a politically-charged symbol, etc. etc.
    Not at all as it seems TO US WESTERNERS it is....to the Thais it just looks 'good' I think....we're in Thailand

    is it ok for the kids to dress up as Jemaah Islamiyah because it looks good?
    Of course it is!
    -----
    is there even a black and white answer to such questions (which you seem to be saying)? i think not.
    Often never is mate Thus my posts here!

  12. #42
    Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wtf

    could do but im busy. im editing a letter from ngo friend to un high commissioner for human rights when i should be writing essays.

    someone else have a go please.

  13. #43
    Baas Array Tommyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nr. 25
    Posts
    9,016
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts


    Rep Power
    4256

    Re: Wtf

    Well, the second picture was nicked from the TEFl watch website.
    The first picture is from a google search on Chinese religious symbols. I saw the swastika on many temples in Taiwan, but was under the impression that the religious symbol swasti, was a mirror image, but apparently not.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille
    Satyr? Didn't see one of those mate.
    you beast.
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk
    Well, the second picture was nicked from the TEFl watch website.
    The first picture is from a google search on Chinese religious symbols. I saw the swastika on many temples in Taiwan, but was under the impression that the religious symbol swasti, was a mirror image, but apparently not.
    i was talking about the kids in red.
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    Not at all as it seems TO US WESTERNERS it is....to the Thais it just looks 'good' I think....we're in Thailand
    well if they don't know, they should no. no excuses. i wonder what provisions there are in thai law for such or similar matters...

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    Of course it is!
    of course it is not. if the kids did that the adults would probably stone them to death.
    Last edited by ajarn farang; 27th September 2007 at 16:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #45
    Hangin' Around Array Cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    18,791
    vCash
    90000
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 164 Times in 137 Posts


    Rep Power
    23917

    Re: Wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    Not at all as it seems TO US WESTERNERS it is....to the Thais it just looks 'good' I think....we're in Thailand
    There's something seriously lacking in their education if all that stuff merely 'looks good'.

    But then we know that already.

    Odd how people can't take such a fun lovin an free wheelin approach to HMK.
    Last edited by Cyrille; 27th September 2007 at 16:27.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UTL lang. school Thai lang. classes? Or other suggestions?
    By DGblkbelt in forum Practicalities Of Living In Thailand
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16th July 2006, 12:08
  2. Thai Language School & Student Visa
    By taktsai in forum The Visa Run
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12th February 2005, 13:10

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •