--> International House - Bangkok
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with the new TEFL forum admins!

vCash
    Thanks

Interview with the new TEFL forum admins!

The long awaited, much anticipated and grandly situated (couldn't think of anything else there) interview with the three new admins is ready for your perusal. The truely inspired meets the truely wacked!

The Truth about TEFL Sites

Please keep the comments to the blogsite!

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Interview with the new TEFL forum admins!

What
    Last edited by defender; 28th April 2008 at 19:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Entertaining in any case.

My money definitely on TSR. These guys cut to the chase, no bullshit or antsy pansy stuff. Get out there TSR and kick some ass.

Please keep the comments to the blogsite!
    Oops sorry Topper. I missed that part. Any further comments...... on the blog, for sure.

Thanks for the effort, eh.
    When being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it appear like a parade.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson
    Thanks for the effort, eh.
    Naw, thanks to the admins...they showed their mettle!
    -----
    And defender, with all the time you spent behind Greg, I would expect you to know the smell of shit. After all, if he'd stopped suddenly, your head would have to have been extracted from his ass by a protologist.
    Last edited by Topper; 28th April 2008 at 20:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Something Or Other... Array panhunger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

who is who?
    -----
    Did Topper really take down the old TEFL Watch site?
    Last edited by panhunger; 28th April 2008 at 20:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goddamn it Lord, bless oh ye this bacon..."

George Liquor American

vCash
    Thanks

With a choice of three it's interesting that one (TSR) chose to come out with the same tired bollix line rather than answering what I thought appeared to be perfectly reasonable questions.

Seems that's the choice of the old skool rabid response crew. Perhaps people interested in school experience stories more than tired old feuds might give them a wide berth.
    -----
    Oh and look it's the old DB site still dissing away..so that makes it a choice of one of the old mods there....AKAIK it ain't Def, I'd like to think Greg's well over it, which leaves Peaceblondie or...hmmm...
    Last edited by LDMA; 28th April 2008 at 20:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LDMA
    With a choice of three it's interesting that one (TSR) chose to come out with the same tired bollix line rather than answering what I thought appeared to be perfectly reasonable questions.

Seems that's the choice of the old skool rabid response crew. Perhaps people interested in school experience stories more than tired old feuds might give them a wide berth.
    -----
    Oh and look it's the old DB site still dissing away..so that makes it a choice of one of the old mods there....AKAIK it ain't Def, I'd like to think Greg's well over it, which leaves Peaceblondie or...hmmm...
    It's prolly the same old tired bollix line because the person doing the interviewing was continuing the same old tired bollix line. It's strange that the questions poised, which affect the credibility of the interviewer, were not answered.

But this is not my issue to deal with at all. I just love watching it from the sidelines. I, and I am sure everyone else, feel comforted knowing that the fox is watching over the henhouses
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

The sites have their own policies. They do not need to answer to anyone here. I logged on to all three sites. Only one seems to be attracting users which of course is the key requirement of any website. Hence that one I shall use. Glad something is back so in any case.

As for the ongoing dispute. Added both to ignore list.
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    It's prolly the same old tired bollix line because the person doing the interviewing was continuing the same old tired bollix line.
    Funny how the other two interviewees managed to avoid answering in the same old tired bollix line. It all depends on how one approaches an interview I suppose.
    Our House - The Big Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Road Home - Bangkok to Surat Thani

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Southern Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations:

Used Buffalo Dealer Array keekwai's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

As the admin of one of the sites (Thai Efl Watch) .. I have to say that having 2 and a half sites is quite OK. (not saying which one derserves the "1/2")

Do a Google search on just about anything these days and you are presented with thousands of choices. There's still room for a few more contenders .. I'm trying my best .. but if eventually, somewhere down the track, someone does a better job .. I'll tip my hat to 'em.

I thought the "Interview questions" were fair enough and to the point. A pity one of the admins just used it to have a tempermental rant at the the "interviewer". Leads me to believe that the admins of the "ressurected" TEFL Watch" .. a.k.a TEFL School Reviews and the "old" TEFL Watch" are indeed one and the same... as suggested already. (Hi Greg)

Job well done Topper .. at least you "give a shit"

mcm .. a.k.a "keekwai"

Thai EFL Watch Home
    Last edited by keekwai; 28th April 2008 at 21:44.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!

I thought the "Interview questions" were fair enough and to the point
    Who the hell could take Topper seriously in this? No one asked him to do this and I doubt many people really give a shit. Surely there are more productive ways of using your free time.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

Desperation and Bribery .. if ya gotta pay people to like you .. well I dunno???

REFERRAL CONTEST $$$$$
    TEFLGUARDIAN
    I will institute this starting next month. Each cycle will run for 3 months and start again. That means we will have 4 per year.

The rules are simple -
    Get as many new members as possible during those 3 months and you WIN!

The prize will be money. A guaranteed $10 and more based on the number of referrals.

REGISTER NOW! to participate and start referring.

IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE CONTEST YOU MUST USE THE REFERRAL LINK WITH YOUR ID. THIS LINK IS LOCATED IN YOUR PROFILE AREA, AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

TEFLGUARDIAN ADMIN
    Just wanted to point out I will not be "Paying" anyone to join my site. Funds are tight. If you like it .. join .. if not .. go elsewhere.

mcm .. a.k.a "keekwai"

Thai EFL Watch Home
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    Who the hell could take Topper seriously in this? No one asked him to do this and I doubt many people really give a shit. Surely there are more productive ways of using your free time.

What? .. like responding to my post???? ... get a life .. shit I hate "knee jerk" whingers that complain about their precious time being wasted .. yet spend it typing away with petty complaints. Fuck off to T.V Incorporated and order a Pizza.
    Last edited by keekwai; 28th April 2008 at 21:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!

What? .. like responding to my post???? ... get a life .. shit I hate "knee jerk" whingers that complain about their precious time being wasted .. yet spend it typing away with petty complaints. Fuck off to T.V Incorporated and order a Pizza.
    Using your free time moron, not my free time, I thought that was clear but maybe you didn't learn how to read properly at school....

vCash
    Thanks

Yes, obviously we are all believing that he has no agenda here. Despite the fact that he is now promoting himself as some kind of Thai-TEFL godfather, he insists on the line "I'm just a simple poster."

If I was working on a website I would keep him at arm's length - he has a nasty habit of seeking to destroy the hard work of others in his quest to have things his own way

Whether or not he "destroyed" the old TEFLwatch is a question that has been debated long and largely yawnfully - what is certain is that the site started to become unmanageable the very day he was given mod buttons there. Sure, he only played the game - but he must have had some pretty fierce motivation

And now we are to believe that here is a guy with no personal agenda ......

vCash
    Thanks

Using your free time moron, not my free time, I thought that was clear but maybe you didn't learn how to read properly at school....
    I read quite well thank you. I also learnt how to "read between the lines" .. I was presuming you included yourself with the statement ..
    Surely there are more productive ways of using your free time
    If you were not including yourself .. and just dictating what others should do with their free time .. then by all means go ahead and waste your time ... God! I love idiots .. Thanks for the laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast