International House - Bangkok
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEFL Blacklist

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

TEFL Blacklist

The TEFL Blacklist: TEFL Jobs in Thailand

I didn't know this existed. Excuse my ignorance.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: TEFL Blacklist

I now wish I didn't know it existed, what a nasty looking website. Give my 3 month old niece a computer and it would look better
    Daniel Bedingfield claimed that his new album is what it would sound like if Sting, Stevie Wonder and Micheal Jackson were in a basement together - I haven't got the album so I'll have to imagine the sound of a blind bloke and a Geordie kicking the shit out of a pedophile.

vCash
    Thanks

Did you know white on black is easier for most people to read? Did you see we got a mention?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny danger View Post
    The TEFL Blacklist: TEFL Jobs in Thailand

I didn't know this existed. Excuse my ignorance.
    It shows how little attention you should pay to some of the stuff on there too. I used to work for Bell in one of their Bangkok centres and they were in a different league. Everything you could possibly wish for was done for you, the pay was excellent and the number of contact hours were low; some would say ridiculously low!

Resources were coming out of our ears; 5 Internet-connected PCs plus 2 laptops for 10 teachers. I think we had almost every teaching manual that's ever been published! We were regularly taken out for meals and really looked after.

To tarnish a whole company because of one person's experience is very unfair.

edit: on reading it again the poster does go on to lay the blame solely at the feet of the centre's DOS rather than Bell, so just ignore the above!
    Samak- "Westerners have a saying, 'Look at both sides of the coin', but Westerners only look at one side, Myanmar is a Buddhist country. Myanmar's leaders meditate. They say the country lives in peace. We have three neighbours: Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. We use their resources, all three of them. If we have this great relationship, why should we pick on them?....They (the leaders) found new gas resources. I negotiated with them so we can sign contracts."

vCash
    Thanks

It shows how little attention you should pay to some of the stuff on there too.
    So what? What do you think, I'm some bleedin tefl training freak? I teach first grade for 24,000B a month. How do we know guys like you don't have a vested interest in such affairs, always trying to make us believe we need something only you can offer. Reminds me of mouthwash commertials .. first they convince you you have bad breath and then offer you the solution. Your word to me is as good as whatever/whomever it's compared to. I don't know you, I don't know the webmaster at TEFLblacklist, I don't know Bruce, I never met Phil. TEFL trainers are boring, football is boring, people who put on aires are boring. I'll be glad when all the trainers, except Ken of course, are out of business. I learned this job OJT. Is there something wrong with that?

Resources were coming out of our ears; 5 Internet-connected PCs plus 2 laptops for 10 teachers. I think we had almost every teaching manual that's ever been published! We were regularly taken out for meals and really looked after.
    Does having to work with one or two assholes fit into your scheme? It does mine.

I think we had almost every teaching manual that's ever been published!
    Stop, you're makin me hard!

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Seem to be defending this shoddy website pretty fiercely there old boy, make it yourself? If ya want some pointers on design just ask

vCash
    Thanks

So what? What do you think, I'm some bleedin tefl training freak? I teach first grade for 24,000B a month. How do we know guys like you don't have a vested interest in such affairs, always trying to make us believe we need something only you can offer. Reminds me of mouthwash commertials .. first they convince you you have bad breath and then offer you the solution. Your word to me is as good as whatever/whomever it's compared to. I don't know you, I don't know the webmaster at TEFLblacklist, I don't know Bruce, I never met Phil. TEFL trainers are boring, football is boring, people who put on aires are boring. I'll be glad when all the trainers, except Ken of course, are out of business. I learned this job OJT. Is there something wrong with that?

Does having to work with one or two assholes fit into your scheme? It does mine. *searches for baffled at the weirdo emoticon*

What the fuck are you on about? Have you been sniffing glue?

vCash
    Thanks

Seem to be defending this shoddy website pretty fiercely there old boy
    this shoddy website
    What? This one or that one? White on black is easier to read for most people, I'll defend that. People come on and tell you stuff they believe. Doesn't mean I have to believe it too. I'm not a Christian. I already had a mother and father, don't need any more guidance I guess, much less a sales pitch.

What the fuck are you on about? Have you been sniffing glue?
    Let me guess, you want a flame war so this goes to the Box, right? R U an investor too?

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

That one

White in black is easier to read for most people
    Make it WHITE AND BLACK then unless you are fucking blind, that website certainly is not

I'm not a Christian
    Whats that got to do with the price of eggs?

I already had a mother and father, don't need any more guidance
    WTF have you been smoking JD? Can I have some?

Calm yourself down matey, I just gave my opinion that I think the website looks shit...... I've given worse to LDMA before , got my ass kicked though

vCash
    Thanks

No, it says ON. Of course I like TD's colours too. Want to see a nice website? I asked Lou to check this one out when he first mentioned re-doing AJF. GTAGarage.com. I'm a mod there.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

^---- you've managed to confuse the shite out of me mate

the GTA one isn't bad but still, nout flash (which can be a good thing)

vCash
    Thanks

TEFLBlacklist is hard to read. Harder to follow. Still quoting that site's forum that shan't be named, even though its deader than dirt. Wonder if the admin ever actually has looked at any of the sites he quotes?

Its a good example of bad color combinations. Maybe its meant to be that way?

vCash
    Thanks

I have a question for all of you out there in TV land:

B says ******
    But C says ******

Who do you believe? The best, most convincing writer?
    The guy on the prettiest web page?
    The web page with the best flashing banners?
    The guy with a conflict of interest?
    What your mum taught you about who to believe?

Say a guy lauds a school on a website. You go and work there only to discover it's a shit job, stupid admin, too many lies to mention, a staffroom full of tossers. You post your experience and grievances on a blacklist site. 100 guys come on and tell you you're high on glue, a loser, a wanker, a backpacker fake teacher. Would you ever turn to yourself and think: Shit, maybe that school was okay after all. There must be something wrong with me. I'd better get that CELTA asap.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Last edited by ScienceGuy; 12th January 2009 at 17:30.

vCash
    Thanks

Does having to work with one or two assholes fit into your scheme? It does mine.

^ I just hope that I can still become as impassioned about things when I'm Johnnie's age (13 years from now).
    __________________________________________________ ________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    And I thought that it was just a car!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast