Can anyone tell me if you are a teacher at a private school do you need a teaching license waiver permit in order to apply for your non B visa to be extended for 12 months. I know this is the case if you are employed at a government school. This question is not for me but for a colleague
Here are excerpts from relevant documents.
Labour Office:2.7 In the case of a teacher, professor, or expert in a private educational institution:
For education in school system such as general education, English program schools, vocational schools that follow the Ministry of Educationís curriculum, and international schools:
1. Application form
2. Copy of applicantís passport
3. Copy of work permit
4. Copy of evidence of permission to establish said educational institution issued by the relevant government agency
5. Letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by the educational institution, specifying the applicantís title, monthly salary rate, and term of employment, together with a copy of a letter of teacher appointment in the format required by the Private Education Commission
6. Copy of a teaching license or a copy of a certificate of license issued by the Teacherís Council of Thailand or a copy of a letter of waiver issued by the Teacherís Council of Thailand or a copy of an acknowledgment of waiver request issued by the Teacherís Council of Thailand
2. Private school teacher / Private University.
2.1 A copy of letter of teacher or instructor assignment and employment contract/ Private University has to show the certificate letter from the organization of the ministry of Education
2.2 A copy of teacher license (as Law of The Council of Teacher and Educational Personal) except for trainer.
2.3 A copy of the license of the school establishment manager license, headmaster license/ a copy of the license of the university establishment and a copy of the documents show the name of the employer has the right for signing on behalf of the university
2.4 Copy of educational certificate and teaching experience record (if any).