--> International House - Bangkok

Thread: Degree via Correspondence

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Degree via Correspondence

Hi friends. I've been pondering this concept alot in the past few months. I have a college diploma in Business Administration with a major in Marketing. It's a two year diploma. I'd like to start the courses next April, and I'm looking at Canadian, Australian and New Zealand uni's. I crossed off British ones because of the high exchange rate and I believe that American degrees might not be recognizes in other countries.

I'm looking at working in other countries in the near future and for obvious reasons, a degree would be a great asset. I'd like to stick with business courses because that would qualify me for jobs in fields other than teaching.

Some questions that I have are:

1) How long should it take to complete each course - ex how many hours should I spend on them? 1b) What kind of support would I get from the uni?

2) If I stay in Thailand for another couple of years and complete my degree in this time, would I qualify for international schools?

3) What about the cost / benefit analysis if I stay in Thailand? Re #2, can I earn significantly more money with the degree - such as more than 60,000 per month?

I know that some people in the ajarn forum world like to bash people who don't have a degree, but I'd appreciate sincere answers to my honest questions. Thanks for your input.

Oh, I'm Canadian, but I don't know if that makes a difference to the uni's.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

It's British but it's the tits:
    www.londonexternal.ac.uk/

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I'm assuming you want to work in an International school. In this case I'd do the following: Go back to Canada and try and get credits for what you did in the Diploma towards a bachelor degree (an education degree if possible). If not, finish a business degree, then do a teaching certificate that would qualify you to teach in Canada. I suggest returning home because you'd have to pay exhorbitant fees as an International student in a foreign country. I don't see you have many other options as you don't have a bachelor's degree. If you had, there are more options, such as doing a course at ABAC in BKK, or an external course such as the one I'm doing (Grad Dip Ed).

You really need that degree, as most schools won't touch you without it. Also, without education credits in your degree applications to International schools will be filed in that little round filing cabinet on the floor.

vCash
    Thanks

Snake Champion!
    if its a decent uni and course, you shouldnt be worried about american ones eh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Well, I tell ya right now the University of South Australia ain't one of them!