International House - Bangkok
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TeflWatch.Org

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enjoy
    As I pointed out in my previous post, I believe it's called a life's lesson, live and learn. If you are abused, in any way shape or form, by a school treat it as a Life’s Lesson. These can happen anywhere, not only can they be at your place of work but it can involve your family or friends, whoever, wherever.
    I believe like attracts like and what goes around comes around. It's my belief that we basically create our own mess and therefore we should deal with it instead of bleating on about it and holding grudges. Learn from your mistakes and move on. The choices you make, as to who you work for and what you do, are all your own, there’s nobody to blame except yourself. If you want to point the finger point it at yourself. People who cannot accept this will continue to create mess in their lives until they learn their lesson.
    Lived in Thailand for 4 years and I've been teaching for 2 years. In that time I've had one day off sick and I've never been late for a class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Phil

I like much of what I read in the above post by Enjoy and it had me nodding furiously in agreement.
    Condescending lecturing fucker though, isn't he?

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I believe like attracts like and what goes around comes around. It's my belief that we basically create our own mess and therefore we should deal with it instead of bleating on about it and holding grudges.
    Get the fuck outa here.

Established User Array bluebear's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I believe like attracts like and what goes around comes around. It's my belief that we basically create our own mess and therefore we should deal with it instead of bleating on about it and holding grudges.

And what about warning others about falling into the same trap you got caught in? Is it now caveat emptor and everyone for themselves?

This site is a GOOD thing and more power to it. Sure there are some wankers and psychos on it but you dont take them into account.
    Dont you just love that?

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

And what about warning others about falling into the same trap you got caught in?
    He explains that: It's all about your Karma. You see God sets these traps for us. If we fall in we should consider ourselves hapless goats. Now if we were to ruin God's little plan by telling others to watch out we'd be stomping all over His fun.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

No No No. You can tell and warn, no problem. But another scenario will be created anyway so really there is no need to bother. Ever watch Final Destination? What is planned is planned and there is fuck all you can do about it. But that is my belief and each to their own. Obviously JD has a different perspective and that's up to him. But of course he will be one of the whinging teachers complaining about how life has treated him and how fruiting useless Thais are etc etc etc.

I think it is very easy to appear condescending to someone like ET.

If you behave in a professional manner I think you will have very few problems working in Thailand. On the other hand if your a complete arse and your head is up there too then I think you might find a few problems.

vCash
    Thanks

we still running 'quote of the week'?

"...ever wonder why they kill the weak ones, baby?"

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesnotsobad
    Maybe enjoy lives in another country than Thailand. Maybe he just got lucky. Countless qualified teachers come to Thailand every year and get shafted with ten and eleven month contracts. Countless farang TEFLers are lied to, much more often than employers back home would lie to them.

Every person is responsible for their own actions and reactions. However, we are not responsible for the bad things employers to do us, that we don't deserve.

Work permits. Teacher's licenses. Visas. Workloads. Materials. Information. Respect that goes beyond the wai. All of these things are often lacking in Thai TEFL.
    Lived in Thailand for 4 years and I've been teaching for 2 years. In that time I've had one day off sick and I've never been late for a class.

Just how many teachers have left a school high and dry without a care for the students, ..., etc? You see what goes around comes around. Schools get shafted too. Two wrongs don't make a right but both can be as bad as each other.
    good on ya, mate. My kharma just ran over my dog, or vice versa. .....been teaching for 2 years, not ONE day off sick, never late for class, etc. Three crappy cruddy jobs, lied to, ten month contracts, misinformed, uninformed, etc.

The fact that there are loser teachers out there is almost besides the point. That is no excuse for schools to mistreat teachers.

Long live websites like teflschoolwatch or whatever

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Yeah I know the good ones can still get badly treated but the fact is you chose the job.

I have had some shit but mainly from teachers. A teacher trying to steal a contract from me and I was paying him 500 an hour, when the going rate around here is 350. I tried my best to treat him well and look how he treated me in return. I didn’t get in a rant with him, I simply told him if you want the contract go and get it. The company involved didn’t entertain his proposition and said it wasn’t ethical. I kept the contract and all is well
    So at the end of the day you just have to accept it and get on with it otherwise you will get bitter and angry with yourself and everyone around you.

Unfortunately Teflwatch.org is doomed to fail. It’s just not viable and once the initial enthusiasm dies the site will. This kind of site only attracts the whingers of this world who want to blame others for their mistakes. They will be the ones who advocate such a site and they will be the ones who will bring it down.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unwell

we still running 'quote of the week'?
    We still running cunt of the week?

Added after 1 minutes:

A teacher trying to steal a contract from me and I was paying him 500 an hour, when the going rate around here is 350.
    And how much were the company paying you?
    350 an hour for corporate work is criminal. Do you run an agency?

Unfortunately Teflwatch.org is doomed to fail.
    Wishful thinking on your part I bet.
    I wonder whether we'll see your place on TSW's pages?

vCash
    Thanks

I believe like attracts like and what goes around comes around.
    I believe a cliche in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or would you like to swing on a star?

vCash
    Thanks

Yeah I know the good ones can still get badly treated but the fact is you chose the job.

I have had some doodoo but mainly from teachers. A teacher trying to steal a contract from me and I was paying him 500 an hour, when the going rate around here is 350. I tried my best to treat him well and look how he treated me in return. I didn’t get in a rant with him, I simply told him if you want the contract go and get it. The company involved didn’t entertain his proposition and said it wasn’t ethical. I kept the contract and all is well
    So at the end of the day you just have to accept it and get on with it otherwise you will get bitter and angry with yourself and everyone around you.
    And yet you attracted a person like this to your company. Any thoughts on that?
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
    PFC J. Winger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

enjoy, i nominate you for Hugh Jardon Award for the month of January.

Added after 2 minutes:

enjoy, i nominate you for the Hugh Jardon Award for the month of January. Please carry the trophy in your mouth and dont be late for class.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

ET wrote
    350 an hour for corporate work is criminal. Do you run an agency?

No, I don't run an agency and yes 350 is poor money which is why I paid 500. I was offered a contract to teach in a company but I was already commited. I found another teacher, who appeared to be the right man for the job but unfortunately he got greedy. He came to me and said the company offered him the contract but felt guilty to take it. He said he deserved to be paid 750. I said I cant pay that so I told him to take the contract. Of course he was bluffing so the idiot lost out on 16 hrs a week @ 500 baht. As I said I know other companies pay around 350. I think the teacher was getting a fair deal considering he didnt live that far from the company. Was I so bad or was he a cake?

twatdog, I nominate you for the Quentin Crisp lifetime achievment award. please carry the trophy up your arse where no doubt it will feel at home.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    A real contract as in a legal one?

I hope that you set up a company if you are taking contracts on and that you are paying tax etc with your holier than thou attitude.

Sometimes people get lied to before they take a job, sometimes they are made promises that are not kept. The world is not some black and white utopia where the company or the school is always in the right.

I found another teacher, who appeared to be the right man for the job
    I don't get this, according to your post you got another teacher to work for the company and yet he ro she tried to steal the contract??? Were they working for the company or you??

If they worked for the company then how could they steal the contract?

If they work for you and you take a cut of the money then aren't you functioning as an agency?
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

Yeah, I think the question here is whether you took a cut of the hourly rate when it appears you merely passed the contract onto someone else because you were busy.

Were you offered the contract directly from the company itself? No middle-man, language school or agency invovled?
    Then shouldn't the teacher receive the full hourly rate as paid by the company in question?
    Game? This wasn't meant to be a game!!!...NEVER!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast