--> International House - Bangkok
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TeflWatch.Org

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

We all know there are good and bad employers out there, the same as there are good and bad teachers. What I think is good and bad might differ from ET, JD or anybody else for that matter. What I think is unacceptable another might think is ok. What one teacher thinks about a school will differ from another. A good experience at one school will be a negative one for another. I see a film and think it's good and another thinks its shite. That's life i'm afraid. We all have different perspectives on life. Websites for whingers are not the answer to your problems.
    All I know is that I try my best. I don't try to cheat others or take the piss with them. How others want to behave is their business. But from my experience in dealing with life if your a whinger and you never listen to others points of view because you are always right or you put them down to make yourself feel better, then life will be hard going and you will attract negative shite into it. If on the other hand you learn from your experiences, are positive with your words and actions, treat people with respect, then you will have fewer problems to deal with.
    I don't have to justify my actions to anybody except myself as I have to live with them. It's not a holier than thou attitude, it's just the way I choose to live my life.
    You guys, who believe in such websites, will no doubt enjoy participating in them and that is your perogative.

vCash
    Thanks

We all have different perspectives on life.
    we do of course but surely we would all agree that if a school,

1. dicks around with teacher's pay
    2. dicks around with teacher's hours
    3. dicks around with teacher's holiday's
    4. utilizes a hostile atmosphere to pressurise and intimidate teachers
    5. lies

it isn't a good school to work at is it?

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

agreed. So leave.
    But that doesn't mean they treat all teachers in the same way. At my school they took an air con classroom away from a teacher. Their reason they gave was that he couldn't control his class, so he had to teach the students in their classrooms. They didn't take mine away and because of this he got very angry and quit. I don't blame him as I would have done the same but the fact is he just wasn't up to the job. Now he could have gone on Thaischoolwatch and slagged the place when it wasn't really justified because he was a shite teacher.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    That's great enjoy, if you don't like it then leave (but I'm ok so I'll stay), you do realize that it could just as easily happen to you.

Just the kind of I'm all right Jack attitude that means farang teachers here get walked all over and are generally despised by the admin staff. If you leave they will just find another white monkey who will accept getting treated like for a while.

Some schools lie.
    Some schools don't follow their own contract.
    Some schools deserve a bad reputation.
    Other teachers should have a chance to know about some of these schools, they should know the facts so that they can make an informed choice and make up their own mind.

By the way it is interesting to note that in all the various incarnations of Thai school watch that it is the same schools that always get mentioned.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enjoy
    agreed. So leave.
    But that doesn't mean they treat all teachers in the same way. At my school they took an air con classroom away from a teacher. Their reason they gave was that he couldn't control his class, so he had to teach in the students in their classrooms. They didn't take mine away and because of this he got very angry and quit. I don't blame him as I would have done the same but the fact is he just wasn't up to the job. Now he could have gone on Thaischoolwatch and slagged the place when it wasn't really justified because he was a doodoo teacher.
    Sure, he could go there and rag on the school. But who is listening (reading), who agrees and who doesn't? Who believes and who doesn't? I can't see how taking one side or the other in regards to an employer's behavior is any different than an opinion on any discussion on this board. If I saw a school blasted and then saw two or three follow-ups, would I believe what was written? I wouldn't care unless I wanted to work there. If I did want to work there I'd write and ask them, what up? As far as reading follow ups, I don't automatically believe they are from the same person or not. We make judgements calls every day. Someone's credibility is just another one of those calls in a day's work.

vCash
    Thanks

Sorry to redirect the subject. But, how do you read the forum on TSW. I keep getting a
    The page cannot be displayed
    When I try to connect to the "forum" tab as a matter of fact all of the links appear to be dead. Is that the reason you guys are discussing bad schools on this site, instead of TSW?
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
    PFC J. Winger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    Keeshou, try this: http://www.teflwatch.org/

I had noticed that there was a lot of action here, and not very much at all on teflwatch.

vCash
    Thanks

TSW closed down ages ago! New site = Teflwatch.org . looks good, let's hope its members keep it that way!
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defender
    Unfortunately there are plenty of people who take it all very seriously

Schools inadvertantly hiring loudmouth unprofessional losers might take a bit of a hammering though, we all know teachers like that I bet. Not the majority by any means, but there are enough of them about.
    True. Unfortunately many of the loudmouth, unprofessional losers end up in charge. Often the person running the show is the one who happens to be there the longest.

vCash
    Thanks

Sounds like a gripe for teflwatch.org :smile:

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I'll gripe anywhere, anytime. People like YOU can't tell me when and where!! Ok? !!

vCash
    Thanks

Right on 9/11 from 9/11 Array Kerux's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

True. Unfortunately many of the loudmouth, unprofessional losers end up in charge. Often the person running the show is the one who happens to be there the longest.
    Yep, and the loudmouth unprofessional losers are also the best
    kiss ass up and kick ass down type of people that the Thais love
    because they are just like them.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!

Wow I actually agree with Kerux about something :chug:

vCash
    Thanks

Why exactly doesn't ajarn allow naming and shaming? I presume this is to do with the jobs advertising board.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast