International House - Bangkok
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TeflWatch.Org

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    Sponsors don't exactly like to be slagged off on a website they are giving money to.......
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

......spoilsports :sad:
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

More crap

I think this is just the pits. Why don't we have a teacher watch? There are many more bad teachers out there than are schools. I work at one of the schools on your site and it is a good school. What right has anyone got to slag it off with a touch of the keyboard. One of the teachers who put their comment is a outright Give this a rest and let us see some constuctive information for a change.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    That's great enjoy, if you don't like it then leave (but I'm ok so I'll stay), you do realize that it could just as easily happen to you.

Just the kind of I'm all right Jack attitude that means farang teachers here get walked all over and are generally despised by the admin staff. If you leave they will just find another white monkey who will accept getting treated like for a while..
    Excellent point!
    Any response, enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by robitusson
    Why exactly doesn't ajarn allow naming and shaming? I presume this is to do with the jobs advertising board.
    Probably more to do with the country's outrageous libel laws but advertising has an effect on the decision I think.

vCash
    Thanks

$$$$$$$$$$

vCash
    Thanks

Treated like s____

I agree with you. I just think a website like this allows too much bull It leads to sourgrapes from teachers who just want to have a go at a school because they were not good enough to build a relationship with the school. there are many agencies out there that should be put on this site not just the schools. There are many things wrong with the Thai education system. This site is only going to make things worse. We are respected by nearly all the school over here. It is a difficult job. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Posted after 1 minute 57 seconds:

Ajarn Regular.

Great point.

vCash
    Thanks

This site is only going to make things worse. We are respected by nearly all the school over here.
    There's one born every minute I guess

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

We are respected by nearly all the school over here.
    More accurately stated, we are used and abused for profit by the schools here with the complicit sanction of the Thai government.

This site is only going to make things worse.
    Can't make an omlette without breaking a few heads.

t leads to sourgrapes from teachers who just want to have a go at a school because they were not good enough to build a relationship with the school.
    A small price to pay for gaining a public voice.
    The schools are contacted and given a right of reply.
    No takers on the big threads so far.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

vCash
    Thanks

Precisely, anybody who actually believes that the problems teachers have at schools are all of their own making is living in an "I'm alright Jack - screw the rest, they must be morons!" kind of dreamworld!

Unfortunately, schools often treat their teachers like shit for reasons like saving a month's holiday pay! Or terminating contracts to get out of paying completion bonus!

Barcaman, you are clearly very happy in your work - you are lucky as am I.

Everybody has the right to post on teflwatch.org, by reading your drivel on this thread it is quite clear that you haven't read the site very carefully. The administration on that site actively and positively encourage school admins to answer any criticism of their schools. The fact that they don't implies to me that they don't have a case.

We are all adults and can draw our own conclusions about schools, TEFLwatch is one place where we can find out any information at all!

vCash
    Thanks

Defender

What are you defending yourself or this website. You are right that this is a site were we can express our views. Just make sure they do good not harm

vCash
    Thanks

Not defending anything mate. Just responding to you slagging off a website you appear not to have spent too much time reading!

vCash
    Thanks

I have read it. I agree that teachers need to be heard. My only thought on this website is that it leads to a lot of lies written about schools. I have seen it with products and companies before. you are not stupid and I am sure you know what I am trying to say. Schools will not respond to the comments on this site. Most of them can not read English.
    If you can keep your head when all around you others are losing theirs. You don't know what the fuck is going on.

vCash
    Thanks

My only thought on this website is that it leads to a lot of lies written about schools.
    Well I haven't really seen any of that on the new website (unlike the past versions) - admittedly it can happen, but they seem to be doing a good job over there keeping it sensible and fair.

Schools will not respond to the comments on this site
    That's up to them! The idea is that teachers can help each other to be better informed about potential employers. Your notion that all schools are fair and that all problems are caused by teachers is absolute nonsense and applies only to a minority of cases in my experience.

Already, there are reports that one "top Bangkok boys' school"(if you read the teflwatch you'll know) has started to make improvements in its employer/employee relationships by changing some of its teacher unfriendly policies - these weren't caused by teachers, but by incompetent racist administrators flexing their muscles, clearly they thought they could get away with it - believe me they know al about teflwatch and have most certainly read it.

you are not stupid and I am sure you know what I am trying to say
    I'm not and I do. That is why I took issue with it, if you choose not to believe what other teachers say then that is up to you. It was apparent in a previous post of yours that you believed that the teflwatch site was somehow unfair - it certainly isn't, absolutely anybody is free to post anything there. Stories without founding peter out and disappear, stories that seem to touch on many people's experiences seem to run and run, schools that get slagged off often get defended by other teachers - I really can't see your problem!

I suspect that this comment sums up your (blinkered) outlook:

There are many more bad teachers out there than are schools.
    Good or bad - if schools employ them and then treat them like shit then it's wrong. If teachers breach contracts they should be let go. If schools hire teachers that are crap then that's up to them, it doesn't give them the right to treat them like crap!

vCash
    Thanks

You know that it is a teachers market at the moment. you would do more research before you took up a position I'm sure. If someone say's Ford cars are crap, does that mean they are?

Good or bad - if schools employ them and then treat them like doodoo then it's wrong. If teachers breach contracts they should be let go. If schools hire teachers that are crap then that's up to them, it doesn't give them the right to treat them like crap!
    [/quote]

vCash
    Thanks

I don't see your point! Teflwatch provides information to teachers - reading it doesn't mean you have to believe it wholesale, as far as I can see it is the only resource available anywhere to find out any information about employers here!

What exactly is your point?

If someone say's Ford cars are crap, does that mean they are?
    Absolutely not - I would seek as much info as possible and make my mind up! The more websites the better I'd say!

Like everything else on the web - it's out there, we don't have to believe it!

Posted after 55 seconds:

You know that it is a teachers market at the moment.
    What does that change - schools still pay shit and treat teachers like shit!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast