--> International House - Bangkok
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: TeflWatch.Org

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman
    If you put something in a newspaper that is not true about a company or a person the newspaper can be sued.
    Recently a Thai journalist made the point that since Thaksin came to power the share price of his company had increased ahead of the market average.

she's a journalist, so it's her job to inform news.

she stated the truth, nobody would deny that.

Thaksin brought criminal and civil defamation charges against her. Why? because in Thailand you can. But, why? to shut her up.

So do you think that a little ol' farang teacher reporting the truth has much of a chance when confronted by a Thai with a lawsuit.

TEFLwatch gives teachers who have been shate on the opportunity to respond without the fear of Thai legal attacks.

vCash
    Thanks

I went to the website, but it's down. Does anyone know the story? Has it been hacked, closed or is it just being maintained?

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Yes I would be interested as well.
    I can't get in at all.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    I logged into the homepage without a problem just now. There is a message that there are server problems.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I won't go into too many particulars since there are some things I do not know. But let's just say that it was a server hiccup. Some posts were lost and we were about an hour away from no loss whatsoever, but......we did lose some posts, 6 days worth. Every one of the lost posts was stored in .txt format so the particularly important posts will be reposted in the next day or so.

FYI: The culprit was a buggy MySQL server that has been subsequently removed and the most up to date version has been installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Looks like they've had a few problems, lost a few posts too. Back up now though it seems!
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

Looking for work in the Northeast?

Try this... http://www.teflwatch.org/forum/index...sg1957#msg1957

:smile:

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: TeflWatch.Org

For those of you waiting for PM responses from me, please either drop me an email at admin@teflwatch.org or drop me a PM over on Teflwatch. Since my post count is now 28, I am not allowed to send PM's. Rather than make 22 drivel posts, I am making this one post just to let you know why you haven't gotten a response from me.

Recreational User Array traveler2's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Sometimes, I wonder how accurate people's tesimonies are of their nightmarish experience at their schools that they post on TEFL watch. Out of all the posts what % would you say are true?

Changing the subject entirely now, a few hours ago I read a job ad in the job section of this site and found an ad for: Youth Exchange School(Yuwathoot Suksa School). I was considering applying for the opportunity advertised, but thought I should see if it is under TEFL watch first. Sure enough I found a thread on it: http://www.teflwatch.org/forum/index...5.html#msg4565

It seemed negative, but toward the end of the thread someone heard the staff has been completely changed. So, perhaps there is hope?

. Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thread closed.
    - Reg
    -----
    OK. I think we're all on the same page now, so I'll re-open this thread since it does (usually) serve a useful purpose. Please let's keep it on topic.

Thanks,
    - Reg
    Last edited by Reg Young; 25th October 2006 at 21:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loaded View Post
    Recently a Thai journalist made the point that since Thaksin came to power the share price of his company had increased ahead of the market average.

So do you think that a little ol' farang teacher reporting the truth has much of a chance when confronted by a Thai with a lawsuit.

TEFLwatch gives teachers who have been shate on the opportunity to respond without the fear of Thai legal attacks.
    Well we must here distinguish a difference. We're not talking about a Thai Citizen here, we're talking about someone who attained a higher level - a Poo-Dee of high status is of a different class to 'Thai Citizen'.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567