planning on spending some time on koh chang in april. stayed at a couple of places in previous years...cliff beach resort (which seems to have doubled their prices and attract tons of russians now) and then some other place...i forget the name.
anyone with recent experience? i last went in '08 so im sure things have changed a good bit, new places, etc.
- off-the beaten-path;
- great sea view;
- non-corporate feel (so no chains, etc.);
- dont wanna spend more than 3500/night;
Always liked Lonely Beach way.
3500 a night? WTF?
Off the beaten path. Theres a great place south of Bang Bao, right on a nice beach. Isolated and definitely off the beaten path. I forget the name but you can find it on Ian's web page which I don't have with me either. Look up the big Koh Chang page and you can find it there.
"While Jim is milking the Russian Boar, I'm in the shade of a Baobab tree being served a cool drink by a beautiful young indigenous girl. "
Aloha - Aloha HARD
I don't wanna brag, but I spent 14,500 for one night at V Villas in Hua Hin.
look at iamkohchang.com.
it's an exceptional website offering both advice & info on KC accom.
and an insightful chronicle of the impact of development on the island from a human
perspective. really great all around.
who'd have thought the original founder of ajarn would have something
even better on the internets?
original founder...that's redundant isn't it
Last edited by Matthew; 11th March 2012 at 21:20.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
some places im debating. its so hard to find good pics for some places. anyone have experience with any of these?
Siam Beach Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
- location is good. easy access to everything. offers a decent view, not pricey. but you dont really get a good feel for the place.
Koh Chang Grand Lagoona Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
- remember driving by this place while it was being built in '05. its way down there but looks interesting for the price.
Tropical Beach Resort Koh Chang Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
- saw this place while it was being built in '05 and surprised how they chose to develop considering the beach access they have. off the beaten path and more less centrally located but not much on offer for amenities.
Chang Cliff Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
- best views but the location might be a bit too busy, being on white sand beach.
Nirvana Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
Resolution Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
Cliff Cottage Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates
iamkohchang.com - good information about Koh Chang
ikohchang.com - easy to see hotels on Koh Chang
kohchanganimalproject.org - helping animals on Koh Chang
These advices are quite good. I am planning on a trip too