-->
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: TV download recommendations

vCash
    Thanks

Re: TV download recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif View Post
    You watched many?
    only watched a bit of one but seen lots of ads for it on UBC. to be honest i can't stand Hugh Laurie....he's got a head like a horse and it annoys me

vCash
    Thanks

From IMDB:

While ratings began agreeably, by the end of the first season they were down significantly. During the second season, the ratings slowly rose toward the end; however, the show became increasingly expensive to produce at the same time. Many fans suspected that, due to HBO's tradition of carrying shows through to an end, and Daniel Knauf's six-year-plan, the show would be renewed, but in May 2005, it was leaked that the series would not be returning for another season. HBO confirmed that the show had been canceled on 11 May 2005. The show's ending after its second season and leaving so many plot lines unfinished has outraged many viewers. Some of them organized petitions and mailing drives to HBO to get the shows renewed. According to HBO's president this generated 50,000 emails in one weekend to the network.
    Might give it a go in a few weeks. I've got loads to watch at the moment, though.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zehner View Post
    only watched a bit of one but seen lots of ads for it on UBC. to be honest i can't stand Hugh Laurie....he's got a head like a horse and it annoys me
    Mate....honestly, unless you really can't watch Laurie, you should watch it....it's superb!!! Probably my fave show all said and done.

Stu,

Never really watched ER (well a season or two years ago)....just House is in a hospital....so I thought I'd chuck it in there.

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif View Post
    you should watch it....it's superb!!!
    ok....i'll try but only coz it's you kenny!

vCash
    Thanks

^ Makes me laugh and cry mate....can't really ask for more....but please don't tell anyone a telly show makes me boo...okay???

Oh and Fringe starts tonight proper (was a pre air up a while ago....watched it....looks good).
    Last edited by kenkannif; 9th September 2008 at 12:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Senior Member Array Robin Friday's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

House is the only procedural I can really watch. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm being a snob when I write this but after investing so much time over the last few years in shows like The Sopranos, West Wing, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, The Shield, more recently Generation Kill and the greatest television show ever made, The Wire, stuff like Bones just seems a little bit retarded. These days, something has to be very special to drag my attention away from just rewatching old stuff. Mad Men and The Shield are currently the best things on television by some margin. Dexter will be back soon and that's fucking great too.

24 I generally enjoy initially but at some stage during a season, well from season 3 onwards, I just start to hate it. Generally, the formula for a season of 24 runs something like this: Jack is dead - Oh, wait, he's alive but he's got a beard - Terrorists kill some of his mates - Jack has a shave - Then we get to the real meat of the show - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT! - CO-OPERATIVE JACK - MAVERICK JACK - DAMMIT!

Jack never has a shit. Or a wank for that matter.

Jack was robbed of his charisma somewhere in season 3 or 4. Now Sutherland just seems to be coasting. The last season was utterly forgettable. Powers Boothe was ace though, he was the one saving grace. I actually gave up half way through seasons 3,4 and 5. Just too repetitive.

Prison Break season 1 was generally very good television. I've not managed to finish watching season 2. It's fairly fucking pony and I've heard that season 3 is even worse though it has Bunny Colvin from The Wire in it so I may give it a go.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday View Post
    Mad Men
    i should have season one ready in the next couple of days. looking forward to it

24 I generally enjoy initially but at some stage during a season
    so seasons 1 and 2 are ok but the rest are shite?

vCash
    Thanks

Pretty much. Well, that's just my opinion obviously. The novelty wore off at some stage and everything and everyone became rather cliched. If I had to guess where, because quite frankly I find it hard to distinguish between many of the seasons now, I'd say sometime during season 3 I realised that it wasn't really worth the time and effort any longer.

Mad Men is marvellous. Donald Draper is the new Tony Soprano.

vCash
    Thanks

^ Junkie Jack in 3 was good...after that it's a bit of a blur for me as well.

RR....I hear you....I do like to break the 'drama' up with some nice trite stuff every not and again though.

I well like the characters in Bones....well rounded!!!

vCash
    Thanks

I like Boreanaz (sp?) actually, dead watchable but I always was a pleb for Joss Whedon stuff. The woman in Bones seemed awful though. I remember thinking that her sister had obviously inherited the looks as well as the talent in that family.

vCash
    Thanks

^ LoL...it sort of suits her character (robotic like).....Emily and Zooey Deshafrenchnamenal!!!

I'm a MASSIVE Buffy and Angel fan....looking forward to Doll's House!!!

Oh and the new series of the Sarah Connor Chronicles doodah is up now.....didn't realise Christian Bale was going to be in the new Terminator filum!!!

vCash
    Thanks

I enjoyed the Sarah Connor Chronicles a great deal. Very good show. I was quite shocked actually.

vCash
    Thanks

^ I 'heard' that if there weren't a new film coming out it would have been cancelled? No disrespect to Americans...but why are the good shows cancelled and the shite ones run and run and run??? Really annoying!!!

vCash
    Thanks

For me, Deadwood being cancelled rates just a little below the holocaust as one of the greatest tragedies of the past century.

vCash
    Thanks

Sarah Connor Chronicles
    it got 8.8/10 on tv.com..........i would have thought it was shite too!! Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - TV.com

Deadwood being cancelled rates just a little below the holocaust as one of the greatest tragedies of the past century.
    agreed. another fantastic HBO production which was, unfortunately, pitched a tad too high for the dumbed down masses