Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confused by my findings...

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JointVenture
    Im not a teacher.
    Obviously you are not.
    Why are you shy about saying what you do?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happynz
    ^ What's your line of work? Who's putting coins in your pocket?
    I dont get a "dime" from Thais.

Germans, Japanese, HK, Singapore, thats where I get my "dimes".

Im not a teacher.
    Ok, what do you do... ??? In the mafia?

Something Or Other... Array panhunger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

When they're not gawking, I find Thais indifferent and fairly blaise. If they do sometimes look down on us farangs, I chalk it up to the huge porportion of wankers who migrate, travel through or settle here. The really well adjusted, successful life forms from back home do not make Thailand their home.
    "Goddamn it Lord, bless oh ye this bacon..."

George Liquor American

vCash
    Thanks

LOL, the Thais havent been brave enough to fight jack doodoo, they sell their women, sell their souls for fruiting 1,000 baht a night.

They fruit their daughters and turn them into whores who have to support the family up north.

The Thais havent fought fruiting toe to toe with anyone for centuries.

Bunch of pussys letting their women do the work for them. You never see a THAI man doing jack doodoo but sleeep.
    Apple and Orange, Flyweight vs Heavyweight, Swords vs Machine guns, Elepahnts vs Battle Ships, you're comparing a little country in South East Asian past battles to what? Your country participated in WWI and WWII?
    More like putting a 120 pounds guy into a ring with Mohammed Ali. It doesn't work like that.

JV, Thailand is a little kingdom, may be not as well set up and civilize like your country but for what it worths, we did well in the past, doing well today, and I'm sure we'll be here and continue to do well in the future. Your comments are very narrow minded and discriminated...big time.

Talking about whores, they're as much whores in Armsterdam, Stuttgarts, Frankfurt, Moskow, New York, Las Vegas vs Bangkok...just about anywhere I've been. But that's beside the point, disregard to what my opinion is or what I think about it, selling their puss* is their business, they're not robbing anybody, after all men, like yourself are the one that using their services. So, whose fall is that?

It is an outrage, a national outrage and a tragedy for you to scoop this low, looking to blame a Thai man for doing nothing but sleep.

JV, quit acting like a b*tch, a man should not talk like that, be a man, a real man, you're making a white man look bad.

Posted after 3 minutes 25 seconds:

Quote Originally Posted by happynz
    ^ What's your line of work? Who's putting coins in your pocket?
    I dont get a "dime" from Thais.

Germans, Japanese, HK, Singapore, thats where I get my "dimes".

Im not a teacher.
    Don't you call that whoring around?

Posted after 13 minutes 25 seconds:

Quote Originally Posted by diaw
    Thai culture is on a par with African culture...
    Diaw, there is something I'm not proud of and I'm a Thai, African culture, way of lives changed forever when white man stepped his foot into that continent....colonization and slavery should never, ever happen. Africa will never be the same again.

Putting down Thailand is not as bad as what happen to Africa but to compare the two is making me wonder why? Diaw, check your head space, timing and adjustment, please.
    ลาน้องก่อน พี่จนถึงต้องจำจาก, ถึงแม้พี่จะหลงรัก ฐานะพาพราก ต้องจากจอมใจ
    ถ้าหากมั่งมี แล้วพี่จะคืนมาใหม่, ไม่ว่าจะอยู่แห่งไหน จะนานเท่าไร ยังไม่ลืมบาง...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

I hadn't realized ilder was Thai. Huh!!!

What are you trying to prove in the end, OP?

I don't think you need to go around showing
    Thais how much their kings were and are connected
    into western culture and language.

If you're just trying to motivate your students,
    there are better ways, this just sounds desperate!?!?!

Or you're just being a bit pretentious and eurocentric
    and you want to hoist it on your poor students...

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew

I hope your perception of me hasn't change.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i1der

Quote Originally Posted by diaw
    In those respects, Thai culture is on a par with African culture...

Thai culture is on a par with African culture...
    Diaw, there is something I'm not proud of and I'm a Thai, African culture, way of lives changed forever when white man stepped his foot into that continent....colonization and slavery should never, ever happen. Africa will never be the same again.

Putting down Thailand is not as bad as what happen to Africa but to compare the two is making me wonder why? Diaw, check your head space, timing and adjustment, please.
    I1der, you needed to read the context of what was said before flying off the handle. I have placed it above your extraction... in bold... The English language is subtle & it can be difficult for non-native speakers to understand the nuances... :chug:

vCash
    Thanks

i'd bet i1der can grasp the 'nuances' of the english language a little more proficiently than you can in thai.

why you have to be an arsehole about it diaw?

"...ever wonder why they kill the weak ones, baby?"

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Hey, once that third orifice starts flapping it takes a right bugger to shut it up.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew

I hope your perception of me hasn't change.
    Black is okay,it's your Thainess that worries me.

vCash
    Thanks

Matthew, I wasn't trying to prove anything, i was just trying to put various new bits of information into a context. I like history, it's interesting!

Desperate? Aren't most of us when it comes to motivating the little darlings?!

But I have to admit, I am a closet colonialist!!!

Incidentally, a nice man insisted I go first out the bus today, proving that you can't generalise about an entire population.

But we all knew that already.
    I'm everywhere you've never been and better than I've ever been

Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

In relation to earlier posts in this tread

Phibulsongkram indeed did order the Thai Ambassador in Washington to delcare war on the US however the Ambassador ( I can't recall his name ) told Phibulsongkram to Jam it and refused. After the war the said Ambassador returned to Thailand and became PM.

Just lookin' out, wondering at what ah see...
    vCash
    Thanks

Did I read that about 100,000 Asian slaves, mostly Thai I think, died building the Thai-Burma railway, along with about 15,000 Allied POWs. Apparently the Japs would advertise a movie in a village, then bolt the doors and herd the able bodied Thais onto trucks at gunpoint and send them to the rail line. Unlike the Allied POWs, who were allowed to make makeshift hospitals, if the Thai slaves got sick, as many did of dysentery etc, they were just left to crawl off into the bush and die. No-one knows the exact number I gather.
    What choice did the Thais have? They couldn't defeat the Japs, they could only try to survive them. I bet if America had been invaded lots of Yanks would have done exactly the same, just to survive.
    Australia had a similar survival plan for when the Japs were expected to land at Darwin. Plans were prepared to retreat south to a line level with Brisbane and then bomb the tripe out of the Japs in the desert and hope none of them made it to the south.
    The French, Dutch and other Europeans invaded by Hitler also adopted a survival attitude. So it's a bit unfair to criticise the Thais for doing the same I think.
    If 6 of the 7 dwarves were not Happy, does that prove that dwarves are generally an unhappy lot?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Yeah, you are right guys
    The world is mine

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

It is an outrage, a national outrage and a tragedy for you to scoop this low, looking to blame a Thai man for doing nothing but sleep.

Well Ive met quite a few Thai women (not hookers) who say they would never want to have a male child because they are worthless sponge's who dont study, dont work hard and leech off of the women.

Just look around the University, look at the male to female ratio. Look at all the management positions, look in the society magazines at whos doing what, its the WOMEN.

As far as prostitution goes theres a huge difference in the amount of prostitues here per person than almost any other country on the planet.

Not only that when in the west a "pimp" has a crew of women, here ONE women has a crew of pimps...her family, her boyfriend, and the bar.

Ask a Thai man what his "goals" are for the next 5 years and you get a blank stare, ask a Thai woman and most will have a plan.
    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast