-->
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How do you like your breakfast?

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unwell
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, the top two look like afterbirth and i'm glad the bottom two get so small i can't quite make them out.!
    :smile:
    Sure, they grub may not look all that flash but trust me, what it may lack in visual appeal it more than makes up for it in tasting sensational.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by champagne charlie
    Lawd-a-mercy!

Champaign Charlie and others, no offense.

But I think "Tex-Mex" is the most over-rated crap food ever made.

It is not that good.

And, real Mexican food is in Mexico!

Even if a Mexican family is owning and opeating a "Mexican" restaurant in the US, the food is not real Mexican food. It's completely altered to appeal to North American appetities.

I love Mexican food, but it ain't the real thaing in Texas, California, nor anywhere in the U.S.

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

You can find the real deal in the States. Look for el lonche coche usually parked somewhere you might find a lot of Mexicans working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My alternative universe...
    Así pues, aquí estamos.

vCash
    Thanks

It is not that good.

Even if a Mexican family is owning and opeating a "Mexican" restaurant in the US, the food is not real Mexican food. It's completely altered to appeal to North American appetities.

I love Mexican food, but it ain't the real thaing in Texas, California, nor anywhere in the U.S.
    Snaf you're from the east coast, I lived in Boston for four years . I never had any good Mexican food there(had great Italian food in the north end and real Lobster though). Most Mexicans will tell you that Mexican food cooked in the states (by Mexican’s) is generally better than what you get just south of the border (except for southern Mexican food and home cooked), as the ingredients in the States are more accessible and of better quality.
    Get a Taco in Tijuana, it's a corn tortilla with Carne (usually pork) some chopped cilantro, onions and your choice of Salsa (none of which have any tomatoes). No lettuce, No cheese, no tomatoes No guacamole and never any sour cream.
    Then again there are places that cater to the American palate (like Taco Bell) which in my book is "crapolla".
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
    PFC J. Winger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distended Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snaff

It is not that good.
    Agreed.
    Pigslop.
    And that includes fajitas and burritos*.
    They are to Mexican food what chop suey is to Chinese.
    Weakass American imitations.
    (And BTW that goes for pretty much everything I've found trying to pass for Mex. in LOS. :puke: )

Complete bo11ocks.
    I'm from Chicago, which I think you'll agree is some ways from the Mex. border, yet some 530,000 people claimed to be either Mex. or of Mex. descent, and that was just those who stuck their heads up for the 2000 census. Probably at least as many more are undocumented.

What do you think they're all eating?
    Taco Bell??

I guarantee you all kinds of delicious authentic (& even regional varieties of) Mex. food can be easily found, and reasonably priced as well. Hundreds of places, by Mexicans, for Mexicans - but gringos are generally most warmly welcomed. And I'm sure this is also true in other towns, though I have little evidence to support that. I do have plenty of negative evidence from Texas, but...well what did you expect?

*Although it does seem many ranchos, haciendas, cantinas, taquerias, &c., have bastardized their authenticity by offering burritos, which are mostly ordered by drunken gringos anyway. Fajitas on the menu are a sure sign of appeasement and such an establishment does not get my dollar.

j(ose)b

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Two purple pills, a spliff, and a shot of warm tequila watching the sun rise over the Pacific.

Best Breakfast Ever!

And isn't Snaff from the West Coast?
    The virtue in most request is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs.

vCash
    Thanks

And isn't Snaff from the West Coast?
    Is he? I just figured that him being a Red Sox fan he was from Boston. Not too many of us Sox fan's living in Tony Gwinns outfield.

Added after 1 minutes:

I'm from Chicago, which I think you'll agree is some ways from the Mex. border, yet some 530,000 people claimed to be either Mex. or of Mex. descent, and that was just those who stuck their heads up for the 2000 census. Probably at least as many more are undocumented.
    My grandmother lives in Elgin. There's a veritable pipeline from Nogales to there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456