Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: low tide

vCash
    Thanks

Re: low tide

Quote Originally Posted by stfranalum
    this fucking awful paradise
    Great stuff! Sounds like the first line of a very cathartic poem
    just aching to be written and signed: Saint Fuckin' Franny.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

"Depends what you class as smart mate......like I said some of the cleverest (academically) people I've known....no idea how to act in the 'real' world!!!"
    Kenguy

Maybe, but we do know that prisons are more filled with uneducated people than those who have academic credientials.

Education does not automatically make one "smart" but I know a whole bunch of idiots who never fininshed high school. The lack of education is no proof of common sense.

vCash
    Thanks

^ Jack you're probably not aware of R P Thwackenheimers body of work, but one of his famous benchmarks for ascertaining average intelligence is the ability to master the quote function on ajarn.com.
    Or would you like to swing on a star?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenkannif
    Actually I've got your number (I think) so will just randomly call you up and randomly call you names
    i thought i only had to fight matt in the kao san steel cage match.

now i gotta take down 2 limebiters?

and

whats my friggin prize when i do?

ill make a new wrestling move called the "Tea-n-Crumpets".....take a guess there my nuts are in this move

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

"Jack you're probably not aware of R P Thwackenheimers body of work, but one of his famous benchmarks for ascertaining average intelligence is the ability to master the quote function on ajarn.com."

I guess you know where I stand on the chart then.
    -----
    Why is everyone picking on me?

(Kind of fun actually)
    Last edited by Jack Straw; 25th July 2007 at 16:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I'm not a kenguy mate....thanks but KK or Ken or even you fucking wanker will suffice...guy...nah bit retro for me!!!

Prisons aren't full of stupid people per se mate...just people that got caught doing something against the law. Also why are they in prison? Is it their social economic background? Lack of chances due to poverty or family probs? Must be a graph out there that sums it up? Also when an educated 'businessman' steals millions he just declares himself bankrupt...when an uneducated person steals 20 Quid it's classed as stealing....so your point doesn't really prove anything at all mate. Actually most pedoes are quite well educated....so going by that you're more likely to want to fuck kids if you're clever...so stupid is better and I've just 'proved' why.

Like I said though it depends what you class as smart....you might know what: 6x to the power of Greyskull times recurring to infinity and BEYOND is...but if you have poor social skills often this knowledge means fuck all.

At the end of the day mate my PS3 SkillZ (plus my Bear G survival skills if I decide not to fight the Empire!) will stand me in good stead when it's alien spaceship time...and your graphs and shit will mean fuck all! Bottom line really!!!
    -----
    i thought i only had to fight matt in the kao san steel cage match.

now i gotta take down 2 limebiters?

and

whats my friggin prize when i do?
    Matt will nice you to death and you'll end up like strangling yourself due to his nice vibe hypnotism stylee thing....or possibly Buddhism you to death!!!
    Last edited by kenkannif; 25th July 2007 at 16:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    Well I can't speak for the others, but I'm a bit miffed that you didn't get back to me with a graph.

(Kind of fun actually)
    That's the spirit!

vCash
    Thanks

the power of Greyskull

I HAAAAAAAVE THE POWER!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    That's the spirit!
    exactly.

the difference between Alphonse De Ponce and this dude is #1 this dude thinks and #2 he doesnt get pissed when getting a Jr. Pimp Slap Happy Meal :pimp:

rock on man. take a little give a little. how 'bout them apples.

-----

dude is this website therapy or what??

vCash
    Thanks

I thought he might be like that...and then I met him.

Pure evil *shudder*
    -----
    Matt will nice you to death and you'll end up like strangling yourself due to his nice vibe hypnotism stylee thing....or possibly Buddhism you to death!!!
    Last edited by Nickyboy; 25th July 2007 at 16:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm everywhere you've never been and better than I've ever been

vCash
    Thanks

a new wrestling move called the "Tea-n-Crumpets"
    Awesome!

vCash
    Thanks

I dated this girl once (no, honestly) and her younger brother invented a new wrestler called The Milkman. His special move was the 'semi-skimmed.'

Little bugger used to jump on the pair of us.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Kenguy, what is your point?

Are you saying education makes you stupid, or has no effect on being not being stupid?

I guess your experience has been far different than mine or far different from what the research indicates.
    -----

People
    Activities
    Stupid people
    More Stupid things
    Smart people
    Fewer Stupid things

Sorry my graph didn't come out

Last edited by Jack Straw; 25th July 2007 at 16:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Buddhism you to death!!!
    I never talk about Buddhism in 'real life'. Only on this forum (because it bothers Sage) and with my GF

Anyway, from a very smart Thai-trained Western monk in Cali:

....instead of dealing with “Depression” as a huge, overwhelming problem, learn to identify specific symptoms. This involves learning how to observe the symptoms as they come and go. Start by focusing on your breath and noticing which kinds of breathing feel most nourishing. As you try to maintain that nourishing breath, you’ll begin to notice how the attacks of depression come and go, how they affect the breath and general sense of energy in your body when they come, and how the physical symptoms can then cause a cascade of mental symptoms.

(I once had a student suffering from depression who first felt a particular sensation in his gut as the attacks began to come. He would try to fight the sensation, trying to push it out of his system, but that would wear him out. As he got tired, the mental symptoms would take over, and he would end up sleeping for the vast majority of the day simply because the fight left him so debilitated. I told him not to fight the symptoms, but to allow them to diffuse throughout his body as he tried to maintain a comfortable rhythm in his breathing. He found that as they diffused, they got defused as well. By not fighting them, he didn’t wear himself out. Over time, the attacks became less overwhelming.)

At any rate, the important point is that you learn how to observe the symptoms without identifying with them. Depression, like all harmful emotions, gains strength when you identify yourself with it. This means that you not only have to observe the symptoms coming and going, but also observe how much of your sense of self is invested in the depression. Once you can see

(1) what you’re getting out of the depression and
    (2) how it isn’t worth the cost, and
    (3) can imagine other ways of thinking that can question your old ways of constructing your identity, and give you alternatives to following through with your old identity habits,

you can begin to build a new, more skillful identity as the observer who can live with the symptoms but not be overwhelmed by them. The key thus lies in observing not only the symptoms but also the assumptions and patterns of thinking that give more power to the symptoms. This enables you to question those assumptions and to figure out new ways of thinking that effectively question those assumptions.
    http://www.tricycle.com/issues/web_e...ve/3946-1.html

It's actually easier done than said. The main idea is of course the body awareness that is the antidote to the thinking too mutt syndrome.

Pretty Like Girl Array WilliamBlake's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickyboy
    I thought he might be like that...and then I met him.

Pure evil *shudder*
    Who is?
    -----
    Don't be paranoid man. Not everyone's picking on you...not everyone's online yet.
    Last edited by WilliamBlake; 25th July 2007 at 17:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This space for rent.

vCash
    Thanks

An essay on Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense
    The issue involving Blackjack's lapses has been a popular topic amongst scholars for many years. In depth analysis of Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense can be an enriching experience. Remarkably it is heralded by analysts and investment bankers alike, leading many to state that there are just not enough blues songs written about Blackjack. Inevitably Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense is often misunderstood by the aristocracy, trapped by their infamous history. At the heart of the subject are a number of key factors. I plan to examine each of these factors in detail and and asses their importance.
    Social Factors
    Comparisons between Thai Society and Medieval Australian Society give a clear picture of the importance of Blackjack's developments in social conduct. I will not insult the readers intelligence by explaining this obvious comparison any further. Back when Kenkannif remarked "the power struggle will continue while the great tale of humanity and pro evolution soccer remains untold" [1] he saw clearly into the human heart. Much has been said about the influence of the media on Blackjack's lapses into senselessness. Observers claim it raises the question 'why?'
    Primarily Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense builds trust among the people. Society says that every man must find their own truth. While one sees Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense, another may see monkeys playing tennis.
    Economic Factors
    Derived from 'oikonomikos,' which means skilled in household management, the word economics is synonymous with irresponsibility. We will primarily be focusing on the Lead-a-Duck-to-Water model, as is standard in this case.
    Duck Transport Costs
    --------------------------Blackjack's IQ

Indisputably there is a link. How can this be explained? In spite of the best efforts of The duck transportation costs cannot sustain this instability for long. In the light of this free trade must be examined.
    Political Factors
    The media have made politics quite a spectacle. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing night and day.
    To quote nobel prize winner Augstin B. Adger 'A man must have his cake and eat it in order to justify his actions.' [2] Considered by many to be one of the 'Founding Fathers' of Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense, his words cannot be over-looked. It is a well known 'secret' that what prompted many politicians to first strive for power was Blackjack's inability to string together a coherent sentence.
    I hope, for our sake that Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense will endure as a rich source of entertainment for us all.
    Conclusion

How much responsibility lies with Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense? We can say that Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense is, to use the language of the streets 'Super Cool.' It inspires, ensures financial stability and statistically it's great.
    Let's finish with a thought from Grand Jedi Matthew: 'You win some, you lose some, but Blackjack's intermittent lack of sense wins most often.' [3]
    [1] Kenkannif - Turtle Power and other Mind gamezz- 2003 ICJ
    [2] Adger - Politics Per Day - 2000 Jinder Publishing
    [3] Your Blackjack. Like it or Lump it. - Issue 43 - Never Ever Publishing

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast