-->
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

vCash
    Thanks

Moon Lander Champion!

Re: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

^ Well plug my arse and call me shirley! God hath spoken.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster
    apoligized.
    He has apologized to me privately. I'm not sure I would call what's now on his front page an apology...
    But I'll take what I can get. Thanks for that, Greg. No harm done I guess. As for anything else related to this topic, please remind me not to give a fuck (as giving a fuck got my name up in lights over as if I were some kind of TEFL cyber terrorist).
    No more crossed signals coming from this direction...too many easily confused people...including myself...

again!
    Last edited by Matthew; 25th March 2008 at 17:27.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    I heard from a credible source that he has proclaimed himself "God" as of late.
    Look at the claims he makes in his rant....since he's never posted any proof with his claims, the knowledge must have been "divinely" inspired at the very least.

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I have other reasons why I am closing this down and I have agreed to do a Hot Seat interview with Bangkok Phil of Ajarn.com concerning this.
    Yes, I can confirm that there will be a hot seat interview with Greg of TEFL Watch. Unfortunately I'm a little busy over the next couple of days so I probably won't be sending Greg the questions until Wednesday evening. Perhaps if Greg answers them sharpish, I can get the interview on-line at the weekend or perhaps before. At least an interview might bring some closure to the whole saga (or maybe not)

Anyone looking for me to come out of a corner all guns blazing will be sadly disappointed. I've got a rough idea of the questions and none of them are what I would call nasty. I'm not here to stick the boot in.

Greg and I have already had a very civil exchange of e-mails on what the hot seat will contain so although you can hopefully expect a good read - it won't be anything X-rated.
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson
    Just occured to me that what would be interesting right here on the forum would be a direct forum interview. Phil asking the questions and Whitey responding. After a few pages we could have "questions from the audience', as in member here. We would require a moderator. What do you say Whitey and Phil. How about a "live" forum interview. Well moderated and organized would be great.
    I've got no objections whatsoever.

You mean after the interview has been put up, the members can ask questions on a special thread here on the forum? No problem with that but Greg has to agree to it. There's no point otherwise.
    Last edited by Bangkok Phil; 25th March 2008 at 17:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!

Respect to Greg for trying to run what was a very difficult and contentious site. It will be interesting to read his take on the problems of running the site, although it is a shame that he has decided to close it.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    Respect to Greg for trying to run what was a very difficult and contentious site. It will be interesting to read his take on the problems of running the site, although it is a shame that he has decided to close it.
    Maximum respect. He took on an incredibly dirty job and enjoyed a degree of success.
    There is a need for this sort of site but I think time has proved that it's simply impossible to run. And the sleepless nights when the legal threats rain down on you? Well......who truly wants those. You don't owe it yourself.

vCash
    Thanks

Shame of it all is though that too often it's the morons from within our own ranks (i.e. teachers) that fcuk it up for everybody else. As stated above, experience proves that moron posters and trolls do most of the damage.
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

Phil,

I agree some closure would be nice, but would have to disagree with Whitey doing a good job. If he'd done a good job, the site would still be open and growing instead of being closed, blaming the closure on everyone else, except the one individual actually responsible for closing it...Whitey.

I'm also a bit alarmed that you would give someone the spotlight when this person has made some serious allegations both recently and in the past, regarding the admin of this forum and its moderation team. I would think some serious public apologies and retractions would needed order before he's given any kind of spotlight. The moderation team here deserves that bit of respect, I think.

Lastly, running a site like TEFLWatch is tough. No doubt about it. Whitey knew what he was doing when he signed up for the task. Its a shame he couldn't stand the heat.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    allegations both recently
    If this includes my name being mistakenly dragged though the mud on that site today...

The moderation team here deserves that bit of respect
    ...the "respect" I'd personally appreciate would be for the person who he somewhat

densely but IMO honestly thought I was to give it a bit of a rest. *cough*

the...individual actually responsible for closing it...Whitey.
    As he was/is the site admin, I would think this would be an obvious thing.

Shit! Nobody reminded me not to give a...:shit:

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    If this includes my name being mistakenly dragged though the mud on that site today...
    No Matthew...it was in reference to this gem from Whitey:

"2) An account was made on Ajarn Forum. The account was not mine, but the account was used to make many trollish posts. Not a problem, right? Well, a moderator claimed that the account was mine. I can only surmise that an administrator on Ajarn Forum created the troll account. Why would they want to do that? To protect advertisers? "

vCash
    Thanks

Why can he "only surmise that an admin" here created zazel?

SO MANY people making SO LITTLE sense!

Astonishing. (Not an attack but an observation).

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Phil
    Greg and I have already had a very civil exchange of e-mails on what the hot seat will contain so although you can hopefully expect a good read - it won't be anything X-rated.
    Unless the last two months of teflwatch are discussed its gonna seem more like phil and greg talking over milky tea on a plush sofa.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defender
    As stated above, experience proves that moron posters and trolls do most of the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    Why can he "only surmise that an admin" here created zazel?
    I agree....trolls are a problem with every forum and dealing with them is part of being a moderator or admin.

vCash
    Thanks

I'm also a bit alarmed that you would give someone the spotlight when this person has made some serious allegations both recently and in the past, regarding the admin of this forum and its moderation team. I would think some serious public apologies and retractions would needed order before he's given any kind of spotlight. The moderation team here deserves that bit of respect, I think.
    You're too sensitive mate. Greg's taken potshots at me in the past - such as when I had lunch with a few Thai school owners and he dubbed it the 'axis of evil' - and I've even lobbed a few potshots back. We've all had a go at each other.

You know what - I just laugh it off and move on. You have to or it will rot your heart out.

No one's going 'in the spotlight'. I would consider the closure of TEFl watch newsworthy. OK so was 'Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster' but you know what I mean.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    Unless the last two months of teflwatch are discussed its gonna seem more like phil and greg talking over milky tea on a plush sofa.
    I wonder if Whitey will thank god for his success. (Why doesn't the god squad ever blame god for the losses?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Phil
    Greg and I have already had a very civil exchange of e-mails on what the hot seat will contain
    I don't know how seriously you take the hot seat Phil, but that kind of heavy petting doesn't sound like any hard-hitting journalism I've ever heard of. Isn't supplying questions before the interview usually considered a no-no?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast