-->
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!

Re: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

Topper, from what I've read, you (and a few others) are responsible for stalking Greg and going way over the top in your efforts to make him look bad. In the end what is the result? You made yourself look like a loony AND we all lost a place where we can discuss/read about schools that have less than stellar reputations.

I don't blame you and the others but you didn't have to keep on trying to stick the boot in at every opportunity. If you didn't agree/like the site then you didn't have to read it after all.

Tis a shame.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    I don't blame you and the others but you didn't have to keep on trying to stick the boot in at every opportunity.
    Have you read the forum today...seems like I'm not the only one "sticking their boot" in.

Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    You made yourself look like a loony AND we all lost a place where we can discuss/read about schools that have less than stellar reputations.
    From what I recall, Greg made the decision to close the forum because he didn't have enough good people to stand up beside him. Isn't that what he's said on the forum?

But then its easy for you to make comments from the peanut gallery.

Loony...let me give you an example of loony. Greg called the Philippine embassy here in Bangkok to ask about my and her family. He also asked questions about the school my wife donates her time to help. Thats a fact there buddy. Greg has openly admitted it. So I'm sorry if I take what Greg says a little personal. When he tries to hurt my wife and family because of something I've said, thats fooking loony.

Tell you what...why don't you email Greg and let him replace the name he's slandering on the forum page with your real name. Let it sit there for a week and then tell me how you feel.
    Last edited by Topper; 26th March 2008 at 11:43.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    seems like I'm not the only one "sticking their boot" in
    Yes there are two of you ..... and you are both quite low on the intellectual scale as far as I can see

Obviously the two of you are quite proud of your achievements though ..... which says a lot about the pair of you

The pair of you have been quite pathetic in your attempts to ruin the site that was Teflwatch, while you may consider that you are champions of some description you may (or may not) be surprised to find out that you are more widely seen as just another pair of internet loser wierdos of the smeg/diaw ilk
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

Moon Lander Champion!

With all due respect Def. ^ Where would that leave Whitey then?
    -----
    Sounds like he is guilty of doing some things to ruin his own site, without much help from others.....(seems that way from an outsider's p.o.v. anyway)
    Last edited by jimbo; 26th March 2008 at 15:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Aah well he's not here is he

Far be it from me to answer for others Jimbo, not my place at all. I have never sought to be involved in the spats of others to be honest, but I don't deny being miffed with messrs Topper and Kidneystone for their quite childish destruction of what was a great website until around 6 months ago.

Topper's assertion that it was fair game because he had decided that the wrong person was in charge says it all as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    Thanks

Moon Lander Champion!

I see....
    -----
    The fact that he is NOT here speaks volumes to me. (naturally he is reading tho.)
    Last edited by jimbo; 26th March 2008 at 16:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Well as I hinted above mate, we are all free to make our own judgments on what we read on the internet and the characters we encounter trawling forums like this one.

If I was ever to advise anybody it would be to steer clear of silly internet squabbles as stirred up by the likes of Topper and Kidneystone on a whim, ultimately all involved come out the other side looking and feeling worse for wear. It may be too late, but I think to ignore is sometimes the best policy.

At the end of the day my respect is with a guy who spent the best part of 2 years trying to put together a fairly decent web resource and one that I was pleased to be involved with. I can only afford disdain toward a couple of pricks with too much time on their hands who sought to destroy all that hard work just because somewhere along the line they didn't get things all their own way.

Senior Member Array kidneystone's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defender
    Yes there are two of you ..... and you are both quite low on the intellectual scale as far as I can see
    Oh dear, oh dear its normally considered the mark of a weak willed man with an even weaker intellect when he has to resort to the ad hominem style of attack. Def try living up to your nick over there and attack the premise not the person. It was your bosses refusal/inability to debate the issues 6 months ago, preferring as he did to attack the person that led us to where we are now.

Aah well he's not here is he
    Yes strange that! Others have mentioned that his names no longer appear on the members list!

Far be it from me to answer for others Jimbo, not my place at all. I have never sought to be involved in the spats of others to be honest, but I don't deny being miffed with messrs Topper and Kidneystone for their quite childish destruction of what was a great website until around 6 months ago.
    You honestly mean that you did not witness the carbuncle forming below the surface long before that? You did not see the slow agonizing unravelling of the admin on such famous threads as the TI series. Of course no one can look back at this now as the whole thing was disappeared when the admin decided to break his promise to the teachers involved. Six months? This has been brewing for very nearly two years. Of course if you did not see it, then take that however you want, But many others saw it as stated by the OP, and when they raised their voices they or at least their posts were disappeared.

Topper's assertion that it was fair game because he had decided that the wrong person was in charge says it all as far as I'm concerned.
    Not just toppers idea, dear boy, as stated earlier many saw the writings in the sands and queried them while others preferred to make like an ostrich and bury their heads below the writing.

Now be a good boy and go back and address the questions posed at you earlier!

vCash
    Thanks

If you're to quote someone, quote in context. I said it wasn't until after he started attacking my wife and her family that I decided to ruin his reputation.

By the way, defender, do you condone the attacks Greg has made on my wife and family? Do you condone the comments that are currently on the forum. Do you condone the fact that Greg accused Ajarn moderators of setting him up? Do you condone posting personal information? Do you condone Greg statement saying DirtyDog reads Ajarn PM's?

You said in an earlier post you have the facts. Sadly, you haven't provided any facts. You haven't haven't been able to show any supporting evidence that Greg has any factual information concerning the MANY claims he's made. I know...Greg received the information from a confidential source (God maybe?) and can't reveal where it came from.

Now, I'm going to say it again. I'll type really, really slow so you can understand.

My goal was never to have TW close, but perhaps get a more credible person administrating the site. Thats all. I think even while you might not agree publicly, you'd admit Greg's street cred is shot. How can teachers trust a sites confidentiality when the admin has personal information for the world to see? How could he ever be trusted again?

and you are both quite low on the intellectual scale as far as I can see
    I don't blindly believe what Greg says...so where does that put YOU on the intellectual scale?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidneystone
    Now be a good boy and go back and address the questions posed at you earlier!
    And get drawn into one of your silly 60-page tail-chasing bickerfests! You must think I'm as dull as you mate
    -----
    By the way, defender, do you condone the attacks Greg has made on my wife and family? Do you condone the comments that are currently on the forum. Do you condone the fact that Greg accused Ajarn moderators of setting him up? Do you condone posting personal information? Do you condone Greg statement saying DirtyDog reads Ajarn PM's?
    Frankly, it's none of my business mate
    -----
    Here we go ..... they're ganging up on me now
    -----
    Now, I'm going to say it again. I'll type really, really slow so you can understand.
    Ha ha - what a wanker!
    -----
    My goal was never to have TW close, but perhaps get a more credible person administrating the site.
    My response to which you might find difficult to understand ..... what the fcukity heckity did it have to do with you? Why not just start your own site? (And I don't mean that silly blog you have ..... so uncool!)
    -----
    I don't blindly believe what Greg says...so where does that put YOU on the intellectual scale?
    Hold tight folks, the name-calling is gaining momentum!
    Last edited by defender; 26th March 2008 at 16:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

D, you are aware that Whitey had a meltdown. He has sent very vicious, rude, and attacking pm's to a number of members of this forum who dont agree with him. Ie Matthew yesterday.

He is a poster I have met and considered a friend. Hell he has stayed with me and the family. Never again as I have been on the end of some of those emails. He brought Tefl watch down. Topper and KS may have gone on too long complaining but they were only collateral damage to what Whitey did himself.

My two cents worth anyway mate.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    D, you are aware that Whitey had a meltdown. He has sent very vicious, rude, and attacking pm's to a number of members of this forum who dont agree with him. Ie Matthew yesterday.
    Unfortunately you are seeing a 1-dimensional argument as enjoyed by the dimwits who started all this nonsense. I'm not here to stick up for, or even to talk about Whitey - that's his business, not mine.

I'm just here to say that it's a shame that Teflwatch closed (I and others had worked hard on it), that Topper and Kidneystone are primarily responsible for that and that they are dull cnuts IMO.

That was about all - I'm sorry for you guys that can only see things in very limited black and white. Your issue is with Whitey - that's fine. This is a Teflwatch thread - are you saying that because Whitey sent a message to your friend that he didn't like that Topper and Kidneystone are justified in carrying onb like a pair of spoilt little children? That's how it looks to me ..... I doubt if you ever even read TW AO
    -----
    Seems KS sent me a red for attacking him on a forum ..... lol!
    -----
    I fear I may be the butt of some very silly personal messages now from Kidneystone ..... as has been his style in the past ..... I hope I get some mod protection over here ..... I really would much rather not get involved with his trivial little ego tantrums
    Last edited by defender; 26th March 2008 at 16:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Seems KS sent me a red for attacking him on a forum ..... lol!
    -----
    I fear I may be the butt of some very silly personal messages now from Kidneystone ..... as has been his style in the past ..... I hope I get some mod protection over here ..... I really would much rather not get involved with his trivial little ego tantrums
    then simply ignor any PM's if any that you recieve, however I learned from whitey on that one, i.e. dont get involved in his PM exchanges only to have him complain afterwards.

And anyway, the red was given for you desire to not address the issues preferring as you did to attack the messenger. Thats your choice, in your posts yesterday you cracked pandoras box and showed the contempt that you hold for many of your users over there, today I queried what you showed, and instead of addressing the queries you preferred to... well the rest will become history, as they say 'like father like son'

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Hi all,

As Defender has already said or implied - a thread on the closure of TEFl watch has now descended into five pages of argument primarily between 3 or 4 members. I really can't see how this is of much interest to the majority and I certainly don't think the thread is now worthy of a place in the staffroom. Sorry.

I'm going to move it into the virtual pub for now and from then on I'll perhaps let the other moderators decide where it goes.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    He is a poster I have met and considered a friend. Hell he has stayed with me and the family. Never again as I have been on the end of some of those emails. He brought Tefl watch down. Topper and KS may have gone on too long complaining but they were only collateral damage to what Whitey did himself.
    Have to totally, totally agree with you here AO, Topper and myself may have fanned a few flames, but the raging inferno was purely whitey, he killed his own creation because he believed hee was godlike. Hell he even called himself god recently!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast