-->
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

vCash
    Thanks

Re: TEFLWatch Forums Closed Permanently

Quote Originally Posted by kidneystone
    desire to not address the issues preferring as you did to attack the messenger
    There are no issues left to address mate, you got your own way - Teflwatch is closed! I think you're a nob ........ that's pretty much all I have to say to you!

As far as my motives for posting on the thread - I think you can see them outlined in perfect clarity above (although it's a few pages back now). I'm sorry if others find my views to contradict the current of popular opinion
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defender
    ... I doubt if you ever even read TW AO -----
    When it first came back with Rico at the helm I was a mod d. GW never even bothered to tell me he was Whitey/rico plus how many more in the end. I stayed about two months. In my opinion teflwatch was not a great site. Just a place to vent. There are schools in the hall of shame that were never afforded a chance to speak for themselves. I lasted about 2 months of teflwatch, and left. But I did lurk.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Phil,

Any news on the interview? Looking forward to reading it this weekend. Did Greg agree to a Q and A from the forum members?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    Just a place to vent
    At the time there seemed to be a great demand for exactly that ..... interesting how that demand has waned - we don't see teacher's with horror-stories about schools or anger at employers so often as we used to. At one time they would crop up on a weekly basis on ajarnforum only to be told that this wasn't the place.

vCash
    Thanks

interesting how that demand has waned
    Thats what happens when you don't moderate with a sense of fairness a crediblity.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    Any news on the interview? Looking forward to reading it this weekend. Did Greg agree to a Q and A from the forum members?
    You have a very high opinion of yourself mate ..... just how many (and I don't count the shit-stirring sex-pest anti-tefl brigade you seek to titillate over at Teakdoor) folks do you think are interested in your personal little tirade?
    -----
    Thats what happens when you don't moderate with a sense of fairness a crediblity.
    Actually I was talking with regard to this site. Telfwatch was set up as a result of people's frustration with ajarnforum's policy of not allowing folks to vent their spleen about dodgy employers.

Unfortunately the resource set up for spleen-venting over at Teflwatch was destroyed by a few people who didn't like the idea of teachers criticising schools or managers.

The moderation at Teflwatch allowed anybody to criticise any school they liked within reason. It didn't worked, historically hasn't worked and the spleen-venters don't seem to exist in the same number as they once did. Never mind, life goes on.
    Last edited by defender; 26th March 2008 at 17:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Unfortunately the resource set up for spleen-venting over at Teflwatch was destroyed by a few people who didn't like the idea of teachers criticising schools or managers.
    My take on things is that TEFLWatch was destroyed by the admin considering his personal agenda was more important than helping teachers...or even telling the truth.

All I did was use the hammer. Greg provided the nails...and still does. Look at the forum page right now and ask yourself if that a legitimate claim or just another pathetic attack.

vCash
    Thanks

Moon Lander Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by kidneystone
    Hell he even called himself god recently!
    Eerily believable.

vCash
    Thanks

My take on things is that TEFLWatch was destroyed by the admin considering his personal agenda was more important than helping teachers...or even telling the truth.
    But the fact is that the way you reacted to being asked to moderate the site was a large contributary factor in its demise. Leaving aside any allegations of any further wrongdoing for now - your own behaviour was laughable.

It was like giving a very-small dicked man a very loud whistle. From a site that had largely looked after itself with occasional issues and morons to deal with you turned it on it's head with mod's room threads and PMs questioning and attacking every single decision taken by admin, it became very clear from the onset that you had some personal agenda to address.

What the site had really needed was a period of stability after the near meltdown caused by Kidneystone's little tantrum ..... unfortunately a grave mistake was made in inviting you on board at that time. Talk about a man on a power trip ..... it seems that from the first second you wanted the site for yourself, when it became clear that would never happen you sought to destroy it as a matter of personal vengeance.

Despite what Kidneystone says now, the main problem with the site before his implosion was only his own ego-driven rants against posters.

Senior Member Array kidneystone's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

What the site had really needed was a period of stability after the near meltdown caused by Kidneystone's little tantrum ..... unfortunately a grave mistake was made in inviting you on board at that time. Talk about a man on a power trip .....
    Then maybe, just maybe you might remember this in future def. if you are ever modding or the admin of a site in future. dont invite anyone onboard if that person demands transparency and transparency it the last thing on your agenda!

Topper suceeded in a few weeks in doing something that you and I and the rest of the mods had failed to do in nearly 10 moinths, bring some transparency to the TI thread! infortunately that also highlighted te shortcomings of some and they, as AO so quaintly puts it, blew a gasket!

vCash
    Thanks

With respect mate, when I want advice I'll seek it from somebody with a few airs and graces and a smattering of respect from his peers - I definitely won't seek it from an over-emotional sycophantic egotistical and ridiculous loser like yourself

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

There's a definite 'heading for the Icebox' feel about this thread.
    Just given you a green, def, to offset the red you got earlier. Fair's fair

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Actually I was talking with regard to this site. Telfwatch was set up as a result of people's frustration with ajarnforum's policy of not allowing folks to vent their spleen about dodgy employers.
    That statement could be easily misconstrued. It depends if you are talking about only 'TEFL Watch under Greg' or the two attempts that came before it, which Greg had absolutely nothing to do with. 'TEFL Watch under Greg' was the third attempt at this kind of website.

The original 'TEFL Watch' forum was started in order to keep 'name and shame a school' threads seperate from the ajarn forum, and not I believe because of people's frustration.

A few people were frustrated I'll grant you, but anyone with an ounce of common sense and / or experience posting on the ajarn forum knew that such a thread could never be trusted.

This whole TEFL Watch closure episode has taught me one thing. You simply can't run a web forum of that nature. It can't be done. By anyone. Eventually it'll wear even the hardiest of souls down.
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by paully
    There's a definite 'heading for the Icebox' feel about this thread.
    So I'm getting a few comments in before the ship hits the iceberg.

Last edited by Bangkok Phil; 26th March 2008 at 20:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Roll up, roll up, final comments please!

vCash
    Thanks

^ Okay.........what's a Pouffe?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast