What are the little things in your day to day life that makes your life enjoyable or frustrating? No major things like "beautiful islands, cheap rent" etc... Keep it small and simple.
Enjoyable little things....
1) A nice swim overlooking the city after a long days work
2) The pleasant aroma of kitchens opening all over the street on my stroll to work
3) Executing a glorious shit well before I have to leave for work
4) The freak occurrence of good conversation going on in the staff room
5) Chatting with students in between classes
Frustrating little things....
1) Having a giant fat hog sit next to me on the local songtaew and smash me into the sides of the truck the whole ride.
2) Hearing the words "mai mee" after thinking about said item all day
3) Getting hit with a Tekken style combo of stupidity and lack of logic at least once per day
4) Slow internet
5) Hearing the words "Can not", asking myself "why?", only to remember.............................. TIT!
Living near my work so I'm able to go home and take a midday siesta if I want.Enjoyable little things....
Not having to listen to the accent of my homeland.
The wind in my face as I'm riding my motosai.
The clink of ice in my beer.
Smiles from friends and random strangers.
Short beds.Frustrating little things....
Nowhere to buy western groceries.
Entertainment venues closing for elections in which I'm not voting anyway.
The dearth of pizza and the complete non-existence of nachos and guacamole'.
I sleep in the daytime, I
Work in the night time, I
Might not ever get home
*quiet mornings in a sleepy town
*having the locals understand what you say
*chatting with the kids who come early to class
*motorcycle rides when the air is fresh and adventure is in the nostrils
*saying it right in thai and the locals looking at you like youre an alien
*people who walk/drive way too slow. they are killing time in the public space
*getting stink-bombed by sewage on the road whilst walking
*being frustrated not knowing how to make my speech/words in class easier for my kids to understand
Hearing "pood thai geng mak" Yes! I said it right and was understood!
Ice Chocolate outside Big C
Random people who want to talk and practice their English - sometimes pretty Uni students
Bodyslam songs - my guilty secret!
King size bed...
...but no-one to share it with
Mosquitoes - bugger off!!!
Lack of availability of mango and sticky rice near my apartment
Yet another karaoke joint opening near my apartment
Being stared at
Do you have coke?