-->
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a woman

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I need a woman

I'm looking for a female teacher who I can call up on the phone and discuss what underwear she's wearing. No seriously, I've had a few e-mails from female teachers who would like me to put together a fashion guide. Many female teachers who plan on coming here aren't really sure what to wear in the classroom. Is it easy to buy shoes in large sizes? do I need a nice navy suit? Are lady tatoos frowned upon? What about if it's just a small swallow? Do teachers wear tights? Do blouses have to be done up to the neck? Should hair be tied back? What are the rules about make-up? Is jewellery seen as tarty? What about a discreet ankle bracelet? White or navy blue blouses? Can I wear my lime green Crocs? Do I need a french maid's outfit for when I'm bending over? Away. I put that last one in. I'm bloody hopeless with women's fashion. I still thought women wore petticoats under a skirt. I bet you can't even buy petticoats nowadays.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Miss Trix Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Useful thread Phil. Rule number one is to always wear g-strings in the hot weather, natural fibers only, as man made ones stick to you in the heat.

Emporium for larger bras, unless you're a bigfoot larger sized shoes can be found there too.

I can give you my Skype if you like

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sentrix View Post
    I can give you my Skype if you like
    Hi Sentrix,
    Could you jot down a few notes under different sub sections and we'll call it "Sentrix's Female Teacher Dressing Guide' or your proper name if you want.
    I just have no bloody idea.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sentrix View Post
    Rule number one is to always wear g-strings in the hot weather, natural fibers only, as man made ones stick to you in the heat.
    Can G-strings be picked up in any good ladies lingerie department? I thought they were something you bought at an Anne Summer's party.

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Phil View Post
    I'm looking for a female teacher who I can call up on the phone and discuss what underwear she's wearing. No seriously, I've had a few e-mails from female teachers who would like me to put together a fashion guide. Many female teachers who plan on coming here aren't really sure what to wear in the classroom. Is it easy to buy shoes in large sizes? do I need a nice navy suit? Are lady tatoos frowned upon? What about if it's just a small swallow? Do teachers wear tights? Do blouses have to be done up to the neck? Should hair be tied back? What are the rules about make-up? Is jewellery seen as tarty? What about a discreet ankle bracelet? White or navy blue blouses? Can I wear my lime green Crocs? Do I need a french maid's outfit for when I'm bending over? Away. I put that last one in. I'm bloody hopeless with women's fashion. I still thought women wore petticoats under a skirt. I bet you can't even buy petticoats nowadays.

What a crock of shite Phil.

vCash
    Thanks

I'm thinking back to some of the female teachers I've worked with and I would say that most favored the knee length skirt and sensible blouse combination. Would that be the ideal attire for a female teacher. A few often wore a summery type frock with a flowery pattern or something similar. I think you'd want to avoid clothes that were considered 'hippyish' right?

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

This looks quite nice.

vCash
    Thanks

All women teachers should look like this.

vCash
    Thanks

This looks like quite a sensible dress. I can imagine a few female teachers going for something like this yeah?

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Phil's internet tip of the day:
    Don't bang 'Female teacher' into Google image search with safe search turned off and your wife hovering nearby. My ear is still singing.

vCash
    Thanks

What about if it's just a small swallow?
    If all goes well at the interview then perhaps lunch in the uni canteen afterwards might be appropriate, but taking things further might be unwise.

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Don't bang 'Female teacher' into Google image search with safe search turned off and your wife hovering nearby.
    Don't bang 'sexpat tefl teacher' either, you find the following...

I might add, without 'sexpat', none of these images are found on google images...

vCash
    Thanks

Fame at last for doctor dipshit.

Remember...108 Array BerryGoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Phil, I'm pretty sure if you check, the M.O.E. has a guideline about this down to which colors (colours, for Phil) are OK for their nails.

Miss Trix Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hi Sentrix, Could you jot down a few notes under different sub sections and we'll call it "Sentrix's Female Teacher Dressing Guide' or your proper name if you want. I just have no bloody idea.
    Sure, I'll put together some info with pics, to be honest, men have it easy when it comes to choices for work clothes/shoes, women not so much so. Apart from the availability there is the dilema of comfort vs style vs school guidelines of what's acceptable wear and what not to wear.

When I was in BKK, we were not allowed to wear open shoes, jeans, singlet tops, T-shirts, see through blouses, ultra short skirts, tight anything that might have been misconstrued as being too sexy, anything that overly exposed your body, night club makeup etc, this was the BKK Patana but things have probably changed. Common sense really of what's accepted in a professional environment.

China/HK is much the same. Turning up to work looking like an unmade bed or if you've just got in from a night of partying is a no no.

For Thailand, loose fitting clothes are best, coupled with good footwear. Some teachers I knew had underwear and shoes sent from the motherland, this can be very expensive to buy and styles may be limited.

(aka) ♂♀♪♫ Array
    vCash
    Thanks

They can always go to Google and type

Thailand Teacher dress code

first hit is this

What to Wear as an EFL Teacher in Thailand, Page 2 of 3 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

The Dress Code for Female EFL Teachers in Thailand - The dress code for female EFL teachers in Thailand is sometimes even stricter than for the men. There are basic dress codes that every Thai school will expect their teachers to adhere to, and other schools may have extra rules.

For most female EFL teachers at most Thai schools, you will be expected to wear a skirt as no pants are allowed for women in most Thai schools. A dress shirt is also required although, unlike for the men, most Thai schools allow female EFL teachers to wear short-sleeved shirts. Not too short though and certainly not sleeveless. If you're not sure what type of shirt would be acceptable, I recommend you wear a sleeve length that hits at your elbow or below. Very professional and not likely to get you into trouble.

As for shoes, most Thai schools expect full dress shoes (not flip flops or sandals), which are incredibly uncomfortable in the heat. Some Thai schools will allow you to wear sandals, but they have to have a strap at the back (ie: not flip flops, even with heels) and are best in muted colors.

Some Thai schools will, unfortunately, require you to wear a uniform and you will be expected to pay for it. At my first school, we had to wear a uniform shirt (blue checked) and a navy blue skirt. For special occasions, we wore a navy blue blazer with the school crest on it. I hated the uniform as it was unflattering and uncomfortable and one of the reasons why I eventually resigned from the school. Thailand is too hot to be that uncomfortable for most of the week.

Finally, make sure you wear a padded bra as having nipples that are visible is a no-no all over Thailand and will not be tolerated in a Thai school.

Miss Trix Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlsdfgb View Post
    Finally, make sure you wear a padded bra as having nipples that are visible is a no-no all over Thailand and will not be tolerated in a Thai school.

Möbius Strip Tease Array Anna Key's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

The young farang ladies that have passed through this school in the past seemed to agree on one thing - no matter what they wore, they'd get some criticism from the female Thai staff.

When in school 'uniform' i.e A-line skirt and blue polyester Cinderella blouse (crackle, crackle, spark) - they'd get, "Oh, Miss ****. You should look more sexy. You look so old."

When dressed in 'mufti' on a Wednesday. "Oh, Miss ****. You look like a fucking tart, na?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast