-->
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christians going to save Pattaya

Pretty Like Girl Array WilliamBlake's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I doubt it has as much to do with collecting souls as earning brownie points with the man upstairs, while enjoying the hard life by the tropical seaside.
    This space for rent.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBlake View Post
    The teddy bear image rings true as well- I've seen many girls with small dolls and teddy bears attached to their backpacks and swinging from their mobile phone straps.
    Of course. But does that indicate with any accuracy that they are underage, yearning for a lost age of innocence, or is it just that many Thai women tend to hold onto that 'cutesy cuddly world' a bit longer?

I say the latter.

Not just women either. How many taxi drivers in your home country have their car covered in walt disney stickers?

It's a small and relatively unimportant indicator that these god squad people just don't 'get it' imo. They just see what they are determined to see.

many of them are from Isaan and have little or no formal education and are easy prey to the unscrupulous.
    Most tragically including their parents. I don't think anyone has said all these girls are gagging for it blah blah blah bill. Surely some are victims, but as you suggest, the god squad are just scraping the surface, and in Pattaya there is a higher percentage of the totally voluntary hooker than you will find almost anywhere else in Thailand, I'd say.

It's quite pathetic how these people need to remain in the farang bubble whilst obviously conveying the impression back home that they are voyagers to the back of beyond. I wonder how many of them can speak even basic Thai.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    Of course. But does that indicate with any accuracy that they are underage, yearning for a lost age of innocence, or is it just that many Thai women tend to hold onto that 'cutesy cuddly world' a bit longer?
    I know plenty of Thai girls in their late 20s and early 30s, with teddy bears and stuffed animals all over their bedroom, or that carry a favorite stuffed animal around.

Combine that with the fact that most of these girls look much younger than they actually are(*), and you pretty much have your answer where and how these christocrytes arrive at their conclusions. I love asian girls and their ability to strut around with "Hello Kitty" backpacks...

(*) Unlike hispanic/mexican girls, which invariably are younger than they look - and deteriorate rapidly.
    Last edited by Cthulhu; 15th August 2011 at 15:03.

vCash
    Thanks

I say the latter.
    Excellent point, but I also think it correlates fairly accurately with the mental age of the person. I haven't met many 'worldly' women/girls who still choose to wear Hello Kitty.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I haven't met many 'worldly' women/girls who still choose to wear Hello Kitty.
    Well, no, but plenty with what we were talking about - stuffed toys, teddy bear key rings etc.

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Well, no, but plenty with what we were talking about - stuffed toys, teddy bear key rings etc.
    iPhones.

vCash
    Thanks

It's quite pathetic how these people need to remain in the farang bubble whilst obviously conveying the impression back home that they are voyagers to the back of beyond.
    "A place so Godless and untamed they've never even heard of a decaff latte."

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I haven't met many 'worldly' women/girls who still choose to wear Hello Kitty.
    How much worldly do you get than being a hooker?

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    How much worldly do you get than being a hooker?
    Foul!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    How much (more) worldly do you get than being a hooker?
    Apart from the fact that I was talking about mental age, not number of sexual partners, it still doesn't make you 'worldly' to have only one saleable skill and no education.

Falling From Grace... Array Hollow's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Apart from the fact that I was talking about mental age, not number of sexual partners, it still doesn't make you 'worldly' to have only one saleable skill and no education.
    But what about all the "worldly" TEFL teachers out there?
    Jesus is coming, open your mouth!

connoisseur of empathy Array cluezo's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

who need very much to be saved

Falling From Grace... Array Hollow's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Most need to be crucified...

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cluezo View Post
    And these assholes
    They removed your comment from YouTube. What did you write?

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by Killing Me Softly 101 View Post
    I must agree. There are plenty of Issan villages that would welcome a missionary family in their midst. Problem with that is that the family would actually have to live in Issan. No Saphon Cable, no 5 star resorts, no Central Festival Beach, no Major Cinemas, no 3G, no bowling alleys, no Starbucks, no Fuji, Zen, Au Bon Pan. A tough life.

Water buffalow, chao na, som tam, khao niao, plaa raa.

Preaching to really hardworking poor people and teaching them about the dangers of "Cholangiocarcinoma"from liver fukes and getting them on a dose of antihelmintics well.........????

......definitely harder than hanging with with the ladies at your villa in Pattaya and having a few farang in Pittsburgh send monthly stipends for it.
    This is so true. If they really want to make a difference they should start at the source. Once a girl is turned on to how easy the money is from the sex trade a little Jesus isn't going to make her stop.

Instead, bring Pattaya back to village in a real sense. Show mom and pop what their daughter will actually be subject to when she's there. Well, it may not make a difference but it might for some. I'd say they would have a better chance at success using these tactics.

But, as others have said, this isn't really about helping poor prostitutes, it's about living by the sea and having suckers back home pay your way for you.
    "While Jim is milking the Russian Boar, I'm in the shade of a Baobab tree being served a cool drink by a beautiful young indigenous girl. "
    Marlin Perkins

Aloha - Aloha HARD

vCash
    Thanks

or is it just that many Thai women tend to hold onto that 'cutesy cuddly world' a bit longer?

I say the latter.

Not just women either. How many taxi drivers in your home country have their car covered in walt disney stickers?
    Quite...I've been meaning to take a photo of the doorway to our humanities office at the Uni...12 pairs of slippers from Doraemon to hello kitty to fluffy blue bunny lay scattered about near the door...

Every time I walk in there I feel like I'm entering a kindergarten...
    "You really want to save the planet?...the next time you see a hybrid car with a childseat... smash the window, remove the childseat and replace it with a box of condoms..." Doug Stanhope
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast