-->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare Change? Spare Change? Help out a wannabe TEFLer?

vCash
    Thanks

Spare Change? Spare Change? Help out a wannabe TEFLer?

Need money for TEFL course - BegsList

"The course costs $415 and I hope that by saving and through donations I'll be able to get on the course in the next month (hopefully not an unrealistic aim). The course will then allow me to get a job teaching English, earning a better pay than my current job and giving me experience teaching which I believe will ultimately help me with my goal of getting into college. I dropped out of school when I was 16 due to bullying and have spent the last five years working minimum wage and dreaming of getting a career. I've always wanted to be a elementary school teacher and I believe that having this certificate and teaching experience will give my college application the edge I need to get accepted. Thank you for reading."

Maybe not fruitful ground for this dude here (at least in terms of donations). I imagine if derision would fill his cup...

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Begs List

...who knows.

It might have legs.
    When being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it appear like a parade.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I dropped out of school when I was 16 due to bullying and have spent the last five years working minimum wage and dreaming of getting a career.
    No education and thinks 415 cert will make him a teacher........I guess he'll fit right in

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Maybe he'll be back in years to come on a message board aimed at TEFLers in Thailand - calling them losers for years.

As all truly successful people do.

I Vill Break You Array Benedict XVI's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    "The course costs $415 and I hope that by saving and through donations I'll be able to get on the course in the next month (hopefully not an unrealistic aim). The course will then allow me to get a job teaching English, earning a better pay than my current job and giving me experience teaching which I believe will ultimately help me with my goal of getting into college. I dropped out of school when I was 16 due to bullying and have spent the last five years working minimum wage and dreaming of getting a career. I've always wanted to be a elementary school teacher and I believe that having this certificate and teaching experience will give my college application the edge I need to get accepted. Thank you for reading."
    This guy has loser written all over him. So stupid, I think it's a joke.
    Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.

Benjamin Franklin

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    Maybe he'll be back in years to come on a message board aimed at TEFLers in Thailand - calling them losers for years.

Or maybe, as he pushes nearer to the grave than the cradle, he will realise that it was all a dire mistake. It will dawn on him that he should have just done it for a few years and then got a proper job. But, by then, it will be too late and the only option to get that retirement roof over his head means years of solitude and virtual friends in some dusty shithole. And whilst it leads to a few bob to buy a pad down hua hin way, he'll be left a bitter, humourless cunt. He'll shy away from real pubs where he can't be his new found self, instead opting for the virtual life where you can butt in, talk shit, scream, shout and generally elicit a reaction to his bitter comments.

Nothing stranger than folk or what niggles'em.

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict XVI View Post
    This guy has loser written all over him. So stupid, I think it's a joke.
    You'd hope so. There is something quite vile about able bodied beggars. Nearly as bad as those awaiting the Bangkok pension.
    Last edited by mucker1234; 1st February 2012 at 14:26.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mucker1234 View Post
    He'll shy away from real pubs where he can't be his new found self, instead opting for the virtual life where you can butt in, talk shit, scream, shout and generally elicit a reaction to his bitter comments.
    eh? that seems like pretty normal behavior for real pubs.
    Imodium can't stop me.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You really think old Cyrile would act the same way down the boozer as he does in the virtual boozer? I can just imagine the rig hands in the sand washin off the claret.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

ok mucker what was your original poster name? No way that you know about Cyrille and his antics if you just signed up this year.

vCash
    Thanks

It doesn't take long to suss out Cyrille and mucker is right: if he behaved like this in the real world he'd get a pasting. What we have with Cyrille is essentially the middle aged version of one of those little teenagers who use hacks in online games. For a grown man he's a pathetic character really, the little child who just can't play nice with others but has to be destructive instead. It's often said the internet provides a safe platform for these kinds of emotional parasites, thing is though, it's usually in reference to folk who have a future with the chance to actually grow up. Cyrille is most likely doomed to remain as he is by this point, which means to have his presence here is to have him constantly injecting negativity into the forum.

Nobody is perfect, we all have our moments, but whereas most of the infamous members here tend to choose their battles Cyrille targets (almost) anyone who according to him is doing it wrong, whatever he deems it to be. He's in almost every topic sniping at people and it's utterly tiresome to see.

Ah, but he did it for the lulz rite? Well the lulz, cheap as they are, are ultimately on Ajarn.net

I try to avoid getting involved in personal spats and since I've pretty much said my bit with this post and another one that is no longer available, I'll butt myself back out 'til the next time he comes buzzin' round me looking for a feed.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

But, you got to agree, he's fookin entertaining when he keeps it above the belt.

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by frankly speaking View Post
    ok mucker what was your original poster name
    Gulliver

I Vill Break You Array Benedict XVI's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Gulliver
    I forgot who Gulliver was....it's on the tip of my tongue.

Kingwilly?

Somebody help me, please.

vCash
    Thanks

But, you got to agree, he's fookin entertaining when he keeps it above the belt.
    He's a smart guy, quite witty and would probably be a good person to have around if it wasn't for the sniping. He's got a lot of good knowledge. I'm man enough to admit - my 43 years being irrelevant - I look up to some people here for their knowledge and experience. I want to look up to Cyrille... have his babies... sit at the foot of his bed whilst he sleeps... stuff like that

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

would probably be a good person to have around if it wasn't for the sniping.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far dude.

vCash
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast