-->
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's tickling your funny bone at the moment?

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Who's tickling your funny bone at the moment?

I'm downloading a lot of stuff from UK Nova at the moment, including the excellent Jack Dee live at the Apollo. Jack blows a little hot and cold for me - when he's funny, he's very funny - but he has a different guest on the show each week and I've been well impressed with the quality so far. It was the first time I'd seen Lee Mack and Dermot O'Briahn (forgotten how to spell that) - both excellent comics!

For me though, Frank Skinner is the current king of stand-up. It's not so much the delivery but the quality of the material he writes. From this weeks Frank Skinner Show.

Kate Moss's old boyfriend has said that there might be a reconciliation, but he no longer finds her sexually attractive (pause) so that's both of them off her tits.

Her current boyfriend Pete Doherty says he likes to snort cocaine off her naked body during one of their drug-crazed shagfests. I wonder if he's had charlie off her chocolate factory?

And did you read the story of the 52 year old woman who decided to have a child for her own daughter because the daughter couldn't have one of her own. Isn't that a lovely story? Of course the baby was born a bit premature (pause) you know what kids are like - they don't like spending time up their nan's.

And Angeline Jolie now has two adopted kids. One is from Cambodia and the other from Ethopia. You can imagine them in twenty years time lying on a lilo in the family swimming pool. Angeline says 'listen, you're old enough to find out who your parents are if you really want to'
    And the kids say 'naaaah you're alright. No good stirring those kind of things up eh?'

Way to go Frank.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Misuderstood sociopath Array bulldog's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

A little bit off - track but I really don't know what all the fuss about Catherine tate is about. She was on some awards show the otherday, doing her usual "and she's like....and he's like" sketch, bloody irratating
    By 2005 every previous resident of Warsaw had listed their temporary address as Portswood, Southampton, leading to it's appointment as capital of Poland. It is currently the subject of a hostile takeover bid from the home counties, particularly
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

two of my favourites

Peter Kay & Ricky Gervais...

Especially Pk where hes doing a show at the bolton albert halls I think it is. Biscuits, omg!

vCash
    Thanks

Especially Pk where hes doing a show at the bolton albert halls I think it is. Biscuits, omg!
    I have that and yes, he was on top form that night. I also have Peter Kay live at the Blackpool Tower and it isn't half as good. The Bolton audience really warmed to their favorite son in that Bolton gig. The part about grandma living the party early was the best bit I thought.

Senior Member Array poolcleaner's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

* the following post about a certain Brummie poster was edited in the spirit of better relations between forum god and insignficant poster*

vCash
    Thanks

the following post
    You mean this one?
    Or would you like to swing on a star?

vCash
    Thanks

i've been enjoying a lot of peter cook recently. downloaded some 'not only but also' stuff, some derek and clive and some fantastic interviews he did near the end of his life with chris morris, another favourite of mine. been listening to morris' 'blue jam' radio stuff too.

both wickedly surreal and visionary in their lunacy!

Senior Member Array poolcleaner's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    the following post
    You mean this one?
    Yes!

And let this be a leson to you Blacky. You're type of insolence will not be tolerated!!

Senior Member Array Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I've been trying to find Billy Connolly stuff to download, bit it's not easy.

Can anyone help?

vCash
    Thanks

I got about four or five albums off Soulseek including the classic Raw Meat for the Balcony

Old Fart & Living Legend Array hippo's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I have three Connolly DVD's PM me for details

vCash
    Thanks

Peter Kay is the man - can't seem to download any decent stuff though!

I have the two previously mentionned live gigs but I can't find Pheonix Nights anywhere (torrentwise) and I downloaded "That Peter Kay Thing" but there's no sound :sad:

Ricky Gervais is all over the net - maybe they still don't have DSL in the North of England!

Most recently downloaded some Mark Thomas but it seems dated somehow - and loads of Father Ted - still very funny!

Top of the list of "want but can't find" is The Royle Family if anyone has any info(?).

Unwell: What was that TV show Chris Morris did, raised a few eyebrows I think maybe even got banned? (With that paedophile thing that caused such a stink)
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

vCash
    Thanks

i picked up the 'bad news' album when i was in the u.k. earlier this year, a real gem...

Added after 1 minutes:

defender, morris' show was 'brass eye' and every episode was t.v. history in my eyes, fantastic. his 'the day today' was also very good.

"...ever wonder why they kill the weak ones, baby?"

vCash
    Thanks

i've been enjoying a lot of peter cook recently.
    The man was a genius.

I quite like Eddie Izzard's stand-up form, seem to remember he did a very funny monologue on cats and dogs. Anyone have any of his stuff?

And let this be a leson to you Blacky. You're type of insolence will not be tolerated!!
    Yeah, the gf has made me quite aware of this.

vCash
    Thanks

morris' show was 'brass eye' and every episode was t.v. history in my eyes, fantastic. his 'the day today' was also very good.
    Any idea where I can find a torrent?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast