how might the "gay man gene" make females more reproductively successful? A new study by Camperio Ciani and his team addresses the question for the first time. Previously, the Italian researchers suggested that the "gay man gene" might simply increase androphilia, or attraction to men, thereby making the males who possess the gene homosexual and the females who possess it more promiscuous. But after investigating the characteristics of 161 female maternal relatives of homosexual and heterosexual men, the researchers have adjusted their hypothesis. Rather than making women more attracted to men, the "gay man gene" appears to make these women more attractive to men.
Turns out, the moms and aunts of gay men have an advantage over the moms and aunts of straight men for several reasons: They are more fertile, displaying fewer gynecological disorders or complications during pregnancy; they are more extroverted, as well as funnier, happier and more relaxed; and they have fewer family problems and social anxieties. "In other words, compared to the others, [they are] perfect for a male," Camperio Ciani said. Attracting and choosing from the best males enables these women to produce more offspring, he noted.
so the most attractive women are actually gay males without pee pees. apparently.
Male Homosexuality Study: Gay Men Have Evolutionary Benefit For Their Families, New Research Suggests
i'm starting to understand the katoey effect. you hear about young backpackers getting seduced by chix with dix so often, and then losing their shit when they find the peepee, don't gimme that 'how was i to know' crap.
They haven't because of the kindness of heterosexuals...
The problematic assumption people make when considering this is that genes are only passed on via sexual reproduction. That isn't true. To give an extreme example, just to illustrate the point, a bear could potentially more effectively pass on his/her genes by saving 3 or 4 of its offspring even though it may have to die in doing so -- in short, you can pass on genes via behavior (being gay is a behavior mind you). The world and its evolutionary process are a lot more complex that the boy girl oversimplifications we seem to live by -- I would even go as far as to say gay genes are even probable via altruism.
what idiocy. studies are such selective framing of bs.
the "gay gene" survives because:
1) gay doesnt mean you dont/cant have babies;
2) gay people are by and large far more attractive, intelligent, successful than their hetero counterparts. this makes them more attractive to women, especially those who are a bit dim and cant deduce that their man is gay or bi (lets not forget this factor);
3) society has mostly scorned the "gay gene" which has done nothing more than promote its survival (since gay men are forced to comply with society and live as hetero men);
i thought france was the main survival route. i think homer simpson said that. my best mate is french, and people often think he is gay. and yah, he likes aperitifs like ricard and really strong coffee in tiny cups and he holds his cigaret funny.
lots of gayness i guess, except for the part where he's a bit of a hound for the snapper.
^ you never disappoint, 3lk
other attributes of the gay gene:
1. can decorate with panache
2. uses words such as 'fabulous' and 'marvelous'
3. favorite phrase when angry: 'i was livid'
4. wouldn't be caught dead wearing polyester
5. light in loafers
6. predisposition to snap queen
7. easily learns lyrics to musicals
8. prone to thieving from ex lovers
9. can sing lyrics to 'Over the Rainbow' before 10 years old
...you were doing well til you reached #8: you may want to revise this list when you're older...