Another tip is to start a thread so stupid your friends feel sorry for you and post on it, one of my personal favorites.
I usually find targeting and insulting a certain demographic helps quite well.
Going to read the other replies first...
The secret of a good thread?
Mum's the word.
JD is pretty well acknowledged to be the bestest thread starter that can be gotten...
Maybe he'll expand.
it's an Art.
You've had a few centuries buddahas...
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Some stuff I've assumed:
1) A flashy title might attract hits but not necessarily posts.
2) The average posts per hits is about 1:10. Any more than that is a pretty good show.
3) If one of the mods posts on your thread there is an element who'll follow up. Depends on who the mod is.
4) If your thread isn't going so well and you want to revive it post on it as it's dying .. no more than once, and make it a good one.
5) Some threads start slow. Seems like many members are shy about giving their support.
6) If the thread appears to have run its course no reason to complain about off-top posting .. at least it's still alive.
7) An asshole is someone who'll post or equivalent early on trying to stifle your effort, but then the thread takes off for pages and pages .... Hi Russ.
It's a perplexing science. I'll throw up 4 or 5 threads and hope one sticks. I am rarely successful.
I think my failure ratio is about 60-70%.
Mine is in the 80s
Canada day weekend
But staying on topic.
I must hold some kind of record for the most posts started that don't get a single reply...
Tomcat is a close second.
Anyway jonny...this one's obviously heading for century hood......
Hell, maybe even a sticky?
Maybe a new subforum?
You just never know - here's a thread about animal porn for gods sake - looked at by 100 people. Not one fucking response. It's a long hard slog
^people don't even click on it, they go right to googling PETA porn. you should've seen that one ah... coming.
Imodium can't stop me.