Very sad ... making friends requires a set of social skills that a few individuals totally lack because they never acquired them in early life. This guy was one example. He says he never had any friends ... even before he had a stroke and started running out of funds.
It makes me sad. Very sad.I am happy that I have no friends because my death won't make anyone sad.
American Man with Heart Disease Commits Suicide in Sansai After Spending his Savings in Chiang Mai - Ammended
Read the comments from his sister
^ You know what? I'm getting suspicious about this. This man may have been murdered.
Someone on TV pointed out inconsistencies with the web update I posted in the OP. How it didn't seem like the deceased writing style, factual inconsistencies etc. Well, I chalked that up to his condition.
Now enters Mr. David Wheeler who seems to be doing very well with the passing of his "friend". I hope I'm not disrespecting the dead by saying this but I can see a situation where Mr. Wheeler arranged for the "suicide" and created the web posts in my OP to cover. The deceased wasn't that healthy, he could have been held down or simply gassed while sleeping. Who knows.
"While Jim is milking the Russian Boar, I'm in the shade of a Baobab tree being served a cool drink by a beautiful young indigenous girl. "
Aloha - Aloha HARD
One one hand..you could be right. On the other...you've been in Thailand tooooo long.
Papa was a rodeo - Mama was a rock'n'roll band
I could play guitar and rope a steer before I learned to stand
I mean, the guy may have been planning to suicide but only after the money ran out but someone had other interest. In his condition he probably wasn't able to service his wife, whom apparently he only married very recently, it's not unthinkable that she had another on the side.
Anyway, I was rolling my eyes at the poster on TV and now I find myself thinking the same thoughts. Damn it.
Yeah Don but at the end of the day we'll never know so what's the point of even caring! Someone said he was revered in CM for doing what curing cancer , feeding the poor?
the suicide post is from way back in '08, i believe. his posts on TV do reflect the same kind of mindset.
^ I wouldn't call it paranoia but then again you would be an expert on what turns one into a moron.
I hadn't given it a thought until I read the posts supposedly made by his sister.
My first thought after reading this was "something's not right". After Don Ho mentioned that someone on TV suggested this might be murder, I thought Don's right! This was a murder! Let's have a look at a few things here:
1. Larry said he is the creator of AsiarRecipe.com which gets OVER 1 MILLION visitors a month. Firstly, this website does NOT look like a million a month website. Secondly, if his website is actually getting over a million visitors a month he'd be a rich man! He'd be making far more money through advertising than your average TEFLer teaching job in Chiang Mai. I believe LDMA and Bangkok Phil would agree with me on this.
2. In his February 2012 post he mentioned that he will die in June 2012, because he has no money left. Then he goes on saying he wanted to buy his landlords house for 2 million baht???!!!! If you were going to kill yourself because you had no money left, why in the f***ing world would you want to buy a house for 2 million baht? You could live for a VERY long time on that kind of money, especially in Chiang Mai.
3. samsara mentioned that Larry was highly revered by both farangs and Thais in CM. I don't know how you know this, but if this is true, doesn't it sound a BIT suspicious that a man who claims to have no social skills and no friends is highly revered? On top of that this is a guy who "can only talk with great difficulty" and can't walk. Would Thai people really revere someone like this?
4. samsara also mentioned that Larry spoke "fluent Thai". I don't understand how a guy who "can only talk with great difficulty, due to [his] stroke 7 years ago" can speak "fluent Thai". I also find it quite strange how Larry writes with so many grammatical and spelling errors in his own native language and yet he speaks "fluent Thai".
5. In Larry's February 2012 post he said he has an Austrlian friend. Then he says he has no friends. So which is it? Does he have a friend or not?
6. He said he had no money, and yet he's a teacher. Unless he was a volunteer teacher I don't see how he could run out of money.
7. Under the news article Chlua posted, there were some comments from Larry's SISTER! Larry said his parents, brothers and sisters have all died and yet there she is! Commenting on the news article!
I believe there's a way to check when a webpage was created. I don't know how to do this myself, but if anyone does then please check when Larry's suicide blog was created. I have a suspicion it was written well after 2008.
I'm sorry, but if anyone still thinks this was the clean cut suicide Larry's "self-written" blog made it out to be, then...
Last edited by MDJase; 10th August 2012 at 21:57.
Aye... There be someting rotten in the state of CM.
I sleep in the daytime, I
Work in the night time, I
Might not ever get home
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.