This is what the woman who cut my hair today said. She's a Thai-Chinese (father born in China, moved to Thailand as a child, mother born in Thailand) who moved to America and lived in California for 30 years before losing her job and coming to Las Vegas to work as a hairdresser. Her daughter is American, born and raised in the country.
We talked about many interesting things and I was pleased to chat about my interest in Thailand. She was quite nice and in typical Thai fashion didn't show any gratitude when I gave her a $5 tip for a $10 haircut (that is generous, isn't it?). But I wanted to get feedback on the quote in the title from the members of this forum.
I dunno. Ask WilliamBlake
I'm sure he'll be one of the first to reply.
Maybe 10 years ago. Not now.
Nuts In A Blender
I think you are probably right--she hasn't been to Thailand since 2001.
Frederick Douglass: Find out just what any people will quietly submit to
and you have found out the exact measure of injustice
and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these
will continue till they are resisted with either
words or blows, or with both.
“Don’t believe them, don’t fear them, don’t ask
anything of them.”
She must be a true new-age progressive. She's giving ten-dollar haircuts to guys who think five dollars is a big tip.
Next time you go for a haircut....take this list with you....ask her what she thinks....
1) Asians have high IQ's. They are smarter than most in Math and Science. These people are more likely to succeed in school.
3) African Americans can dance.
4) Caucasians can't dance.
5) French are romantic.
6) Irish are alcoholics.
7) Italians are good lovers.
8) Germans are Nazis or fascists.
9) Middle Easterners hate Americans.
10) Russians are violent.
11) Gay men are feminine while lesbian women are masculine.
12) Asians know martial arts.
13) African Americans play basketball.
14) Women are neat and like to clean.
15) Men take charge in a relationship.
16) Asian men have smallest penis size while African American men have the biggest penis size.
17) Immigrants have poor English.
18) Indians work at a deli.
19) Caucasian women do not have big boobs naturally like African American females.
20) Jewish people are cheap.
Some of those are true you know.
You want feedback on this nonsense? Something that is:
a) a sweeping generalisation
b) factually incorrect
It's like starting a thread saying that the reason Canadians and Americans don't like each other is that they haven't had enough chances to get to know each other due to their countries being so far apart.