Thread: Article: Notes from the Bangkok International School Job Fair

vCash
    Thanks

Article: Notes from the Bangkok International School Job Fair

LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Another great post.

Established User Array martyboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Obviously a career man. I don't know about TEFL as a career!!!! Lots of doubts there for me but a longish sabatical from a professional career at home or a working holiday that's great. Live in Thailand permanently? Phew! Don't know about that either. Singha beer for the rest of your life, fate worse than death. Liptons teabags even worse fate. And Thai women. I tried meeting them on an online dating thingy and even met one in Bangkok once but she soon sent me packing. Never been successful with women, remain a wanker for life. I suppose it would be different if I were a twenty something in tight jeans and spiky hair, ho-hum dream on. All those lovelies on the BTS are fine if you can pull them otherwise they are just a tease. Still, better that than those eerie women looking at you through a slit in their burkas. Thailand must be better than the middle east, a humourless teetotal and featureless environment, career or no career. Don't let me put you off I'm just a miserable old sod.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Cool, I so enjoyed reading this, probably because I can relate to it so much … I have been to somewhere around 5 int’l job fairs in the past 8 years (one in one season, then in two separate seasons, I attended 2 fairs). They are intense but I love the energy and meeting such a diverse group of people, both administrators and teachers. Your post almost made me wistful, as I sit here wondering where I’ll be next year, fielding the questions from colleagues. It *is* strange for it to be February, knowing I’m leaving, but not attending a job fair.